Sunday May 28th -Human Powered Ride

  • earthscope
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2006
      At the Exchange Cycle Tours office there was a long discussion about
      the down and out weather. Since we didn't want to leave our riders
      down and out, there will be a Sunday ride.

      At Portland International Raceway there will be a full day of Human
      Powered Vehicle races. (think funny looking recumbents with full fairings)
      We will be departing Madison Plaza for our usual ride. However we
      will leave at *11:00am* so as to enjoy more events. The ride will go
      straight up Interstate to the Raceway near the Columbia River. (sorry
      the gmap isn't working today, but the route is direct)
      For those who would normally want to ride with the easy group, you can
      meet us at the top of the Interstate Hill. Take the interstate MAX to
      the Overlook Park stop. Plan to be there by 11:30am. The route is
      only 6.5 miles each way. Riders can choose to leave the raceway
      seperately or together.

      The Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club (ECT) is a non-profit
      organization with the goal of connecting world communities through
      reciprocated exchange cycle tours.

      Our club rides aim to help riders achieve self-reliance in a
      supportive group setting.

      We provide route and direction details so riders may choose to join or
      leave the rides according to personal needs.

      We recommend bringing the following gear:
      Helmet
      Wireless Phone
      Gloves
      Hooded jacket or head covering as necessary.
      Rain gear as necessary
      Riding glasses
      Sun block lotion
      Tool pouch/multi-tool
      Frame Pump or CO2 Inflator/Cartridges
      Lights as necessary
      Spare tubes/Patches
      Water bottles or Hydration pack
      Food/Snack
      Bike: (Preferrably with fenders in case of rain)

      In general, club rides are led by bike mechanics; no rider left behind.

      All riders will need to sign a Liability Release Agreement before
      departure. Under 18 riders please be accompanied by an adult.

      Contacts:
      Steven Kung, 503-957-6672, sfnkung@...
      Aaron Tarfman, aaron@...