Memorial Day Mt Hood Campout

  • earthscope
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2006
      The Memorial Day camping trip will is about finished. We will be
      meeting at Wired Cycles (2503 SE Division) at 3:30 and departing
      PROMPTLY at 4pm.
      The route will take us along the Springwater Corridor to Boring where
      we will spend the first night and learn more about efforts to expand
      the trail system (optional). Sunday we will ride out Rt 212 to Bluff
      Rd and into Sandy. Then we'll take the famous Marmot Rd out to Zigzag
      and up a strong climb to the campsite at Lost Creek.
      http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=187367
      It is STRONGLY recommended that that you familiarize yourself with the
      route and be sure that you are comfortable with the topography.

      There is an option for dispersed camping
      (http://www.fs.fed.us/dxnf/recreation/campgrounds/dispcamp.html)
      depending on weather conditions
      http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mthood/conditions/

      For gear recomendations visit:
      http://www.yourbodypower.org/touring-gear.html

      For more info on the Mt Hood National Forest
      http://www.mthood.info/recreation/