Volunteers Needed for Community Bike Repair Clinic

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2006
      Greetings All!

      The Community Exchange Cycle Touring Club needs volunteers for the Free
      Community Bike Repair Clinics on Saturdays.

      Two of our regular volunteer mechanics, Scott Potter and Evan Burgad, are
      now working at Fat Tire Farm and Gateway Bicycles respectively on Saturdays.
      We want to give them a big thank you for helping in the clinics tiredlessly
      since Feburary. If you drop in at those shops, don't forget to say Hi to
      these two great bike mechanics and community builders!

      Scott continues to donate his space for our Club to hold the Saturday
      clinics. We have access to the kitchen where we have been serving
      refreshments to the volunteers and participants.

      Thanks to a generous donation-in-kind from Hugh Davis, Store Manager at
      Tualitin Performance Bike Shop, our Saturday Clinic now has sufficient
      repair stands, lubricants & cleaners, and hand tools.

      If you have basic bike repair skills, we can use your help. If you want to
      learn and help others in the future, we will train you.

      If you know how to make smoothies or espresso, please come and help; we will
      have the fruits and coffee beans on hand. (Scott used to make these, we will
      sure miss him...)

      We are in the process of creating digital photos of bike repair procedures
      and compiling them into binders for participant use. This will allow us to
      leverage few volunteer mechanics and help more people simultaneously.

      Location: 2503 SE Division St. (at 25th Ave.)

      Time: Saturdays, 12 PM - 3 PM

      Contact: Steven Kung, (503)957-6672, sfnkung at hotmail