CogSci05 - XXVII Conference of the Cognitive Science Society - call for papers

  • cogsci05
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2004

      XXVII ANNUAL MEETING OF THE
      COGNITIVE SCIENCE SOCIETY

      STRESA (Italy) - JULY 21-23, 2005 (Tutorials on July 20)

      http://www.psych.unito.it/csc/cogsci05/

      Call for Papers and Proposals

      We are pleased to announce the 27th annual meeting of the Cognitive
      Science Society on July 21-23, 2005. The conference will be held in
      Stresa (Piedmont, Italy). Our goal in organizing this conference is to
      reflect the full spectrum of the many research areas in Cognitive
      Science. We welcome all submissions, and trust that multiple research
      themes will emerge naturally. We are especially interested in
      submissions in areas that have been under-represented at recent
      conferences. There are following categories for submissions:

      Papers: 20-minute spoken presentations (or poster presentation);
      reviewed and published as six-page papers in the Proceedings. Submission

      length: up to 5000 words (6 printed pages) if no figures are included.

      Symposia: Two-hour spoken presentations, including three or more
      well-integrated talks on a common topic; reviewed and published as
      one-page abstracts in the Proceedings. Submission length: up to 1000
      words.

      Conference Tutorials: Sessions devoted to technical tutorials may be
      offered.

      Review Process: Submissions for spoken papers, standard posters, and
      symposia will be reviewed by these criteria: Technical/Theoretical
      Merit; Relevance to a Broad Audience of Cognitive Science Researchers;
      Clarity of Presentation; Significance; and Originality.

      All submissions will be refereed electronically. We require camera-ready

      paper copies only once accepted for publication. Information on
      electronic submission formats can be found the submission web page:

      http://www.psych.unito.it/csc/cogsci05/submission.html

      Electronic templates can be found at the same page.

      Conference chairs: Prof. Bruno G. Bara, Lawrence Barsalou and Monica
      Bucciarelli

      e-mail: cogsci05@...

      Postal Mail:
      CogSci05, Center for Cognitive Science, Via Po 14 - 10123 Torino - Italy

      DEADLINE: All submissions must be received by FEBRUARY 6, 2005 for
      consideration.

      Abstract Posters: Poster presentations by full members of the Society
      only; not reviewed or published in the proceedings. Submission length:
      up to 500 words. Society members can submit abstracts for posters
      through May 12, 2005.

      NEW! Call for centers

      In the occasion of the 27th Cognitive Science Conference, we are
      introducing a novel way for research centers to publicize and share
      their work with colleagues from all around the world.
      This year we are going to bring together in Stresa not only researchers,

      but their resesarch centers as well!

      If your center or department is interested in hosting an exhibit at the
      Conference, we will provide you with the appropriate spaces and all the
      logistic support you may need, at a minimum cost. You just need to bring
      the material you would like to show (like posters, leaflets, CDs,
      computer
      presentations...) and one or more people who will attend to the exhibit.

      We believe this is an exciting opportunity for research centers to
      present themselves in a more thorough and life-like way, as working
      teams of people with their own philosophy, projects, research programs
      and educational proposals.
      This is also an excellent way to tell people about the history of your
      center, to mark its place in the landscape of contemporary Cognitive
      Science and to show where it is heading in the next future. This kind of
      presentation will
      also attract researchers and students from other countries, who may be
      unfamiliar with your past research or may have missed the larger picture
      of your current projects.

      Both large and small research centers can benefit from this new
      presentation format. We encourage you to discuss it with your
      colleagues, and hope that many will take advantage of this new
      opportunity.

      Come to Stresa and bring your center with you!

      Address

      Proposals will be taken care of individually, to best suit your needs in

      terms of space and equipement. They should be addressed to Marco Del
      Giudice, at delgiudice@....
      We will also be pleased to answer your questions and provide you with
      more information.

      Pricing

      The typical exhibit will cost $300 (cost price) and include a 2x3 m
      (6'7"x9'10") panel, a table and two chairs. Additional panels,
      furniture, computers etc. may be
      added at an extra cost.

      --
      Leonardo Cerliani
      Ph.D. Student

      XXVII CogSci05 - Official site
      http://www.psych.unito.it/csc/cogsci05/

      Libero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione.
      Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it