Darwin Resurrected

  • Peter Calabria
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2009
      For a hilariously impolite quarrel between an evolutionist PhD from
      New York and a hoard of death threat creationists from Lubbock, Texas,
      America's premier city of Republican conservatism and redneck
      intolerance, log onto
      http://forum.lubbockonline.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3571/.
      Topics begin with an attempt to give a mathematically firm proof of
      evolution to keep the Texas School Board from mandating America's
      science textbooks to include the Biblical story of creation as an
      alternative to Darwin and quickly descend into nasty arguments over
      Holy and unholy Spirits, personal miracles, the shuck of democratic
      capitalism, Ted Haggard as the paragon for all fundamentalists and a
      call by the scientist to civil disobedience to put an end to
      foreclosures, the dangerously interminable wars in the Middle East and
      other things that will drive the government to bankruptcy and people
      to homelessness during Great Depression II. Tailor made for those who
      placed their hopes in Obama and are now disappointed at his inability
      to get things done for the people. For a different kind of Internet
      experience, exchange ideas and insults with devilish born agains who
      truly believe that God can make 2+3 be something other than 5.

      All kidding aside, it is very important to log on and express your
      opinion to put pressure on the Texas School Board to keep anti-science
      myth and superstition out of our the children of America's textbooks
      for the next ten years.

      Dr. Peter V. Calabria
    • nemonemini@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2009
        How about scientists/biologists generating their own critique. It is easy to attack the Bible Belt, but it distracts attention from the problems with Darwinism

        Anyway check out World History And The Eonic Effect online at:

        This file will lead to a large number of selections from the text

        _________________________________
        John Landon
        nemonemini@...
        jcl99@...

        Author of

        World History
        And The Eonic Effect

        Civilization, Darwinism
        And Theories of Evolution

        Third Edition
        On The Web: http://history-and-evolution.com http://eonic-effect.net
        Darwiniana: An Evolution Blog http://darwiniana.com

        At a time when theories of evolution are under renewed controversy, discussion is hampered by the remoteness of the phenomenon of evolution, and the use of indirect inference to speculate about deep time. Adherents of Darwinism often defend dogmatic versions of the theory that have been questioned since the first reviewers of Origin of Species.

        Now Darwinism is under siege from the Intelligent Design movement, threatening the school system. The attempt to hijack the debate using long discredited arguments by design tends to make Darwinists close ranks around their flawed science. The debate is deadlocked by the rigidity of both parties, evidence of fixed agendas, and metaphysical presumptions. A new approach is needed. The study of history itself holds the clue if we can find it.

        We live in the first generations with enough historical data to detect a pattern of Universal History. The discovery of this pattern, the Eonic Effect, uncovers the evidence for a deep structure resembling punctuated equilibrium in world history itself. The study of history and evolution together shows us something we had missed and allows us to infer the existence of non-random evolution in the emergence of man. Darwinian theory suffers from low evidence density. The Eonic Effect is the only data we have at high evidence density of evolution as a process in real time, and this transforms our views completely.

          We see the real evolution of man as the Great Transition, the human passage from evolution to history, in the chronicle of the once and future Origin of the Species, Man.

        Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to stocks and so much more.