Re: [Evolutionary_Psychology] My Last Post

  • Carmi Turchick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21 10:37 PM
      Tom,

      All well and good, but modern psychology and Jung's work are about as close to Evolutionary Psychology as the Flat Earth society is to modern Planetary Science. Same topic, completely different approach and beliefs and tools and methodology and conclusions.
      My first post here has a link to the HBES page, where you can find out what EP is.

      Carmi

      Tom Saunders <tom@...> wrote:
      I apologize if my last post did not seem to be on target for the Evolutionary-Psychology group.  I think there are reasons for knowing about this social movement and especially the philosophical points of ancient gnostic theory.  For one it is the tool that Jung used to devise his social type theories.

      An examination of Clement's work, "Stromata" reveals that he was directing his theory of knowledge toward the precepts and the philosophy of the Nag Hammadi Library.  We see today the genius of Leonardo Da Vinci, but know his work in engineering was never used.  Likewise the knowledge in the Gnostic texts propose lost theoretical principles almost lost to mankind.  These works which propose a philosophy akin to modern psychology when re-examined show lots relevant to the evolution in psychology, philosophy, science, and spirituality.

      Tom Saunders