psychological mechanism that makes us catch yawn, smile, etc.

  • tweess
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi everyone !

      It appears that yawn not only not only is catching in humans but in
      other mammals. So seems to be smile. It also occurred to me that the
      smell of puke often triggers people to throw up themselves. Also,
      children often cry as soon as they see another child crying.

      Does anyone want to speculate why this makes us more fit ? (i can't
      see why right now).

      Can we imagine that there would be just one unique psychological
      mechanism that would cause the catching of yawn, smile, cry, or nausea ?

      Guillaume Caillaud, Paris