The other Evolutionary Psychology site; how to join

  • Carmi Turchick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2004
      Hey folks, I have been a member of this other site for a while now
      and it is very valuable, there are 3470 members including many with
      books or papers published on the topic (Chagnon, Bjorn Grinde,
      Herbert Gintis, etc.). It is moderated so posts may be rejected as
      irrelavent, poorly written, and so on. Most of the posts are from
      professors and PhD's or concern recently published books or articles
      of interest, usually posts requesting help are not welcome. See the
      message below from the moderator for the link to join.

      I also highly recommend that those interested in Evolutionary
      Psychology visit this site- http://www.hbes.com/intro_to_field.htm
      as it has a huge wealth of links to papers, including works in
      progress, and even whole books as well as tons of suggested reading.

      Dear Evolutionary Psychology Members,
      due to an unfortunate click of the mouse, the Evolutionary Psychology
      group no longer appears in the Yahoo! directory, the Archive is no
      longer opened to the public, and non-members can not even visit the
      Evolutionary Psychology home page - and these settings, all linked,
      are one way - there's no going back!

      I've tried to work around this problem by creating another group
      under a similar name that allows non-members to join this group.

      If you have friends or colleagues whom you think would like to become
      members, or if you are asked about the group, direct them to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evolutionarypsychology2/ where
      instructions on how to join are posted on the home page. I am
      confident that this workaround solves the problem. Two have joined
      thus far, one new and one returning member.

      Prospective new members must have a Yahoo! identity and must sign in
      after clicking the above URL. If they do not have a Yahoo! identity
      then they will be prompted to create one.

      Kind Regards,
      Robert Karl Stonjek
      (Moderator)