491Re: [Evolutionary_Psychology] Darwin Resurrected

  • nemonemini@aol.com
    Feb 5, 2009
      How about scientists/biologists generating their own critique. It is easy to attack the Bible Belt, but it distracts attention from the problems with Darwinism

      Anyway check out World History And The Eonic Effect online at:

      This file will lead to a large number of selections from the text

      _________________________________
      John Landon
      nemonemini@...
      jcl99@...

      Author of

      World History
      And The Eonic Effect

      Civilization, Darwinism
      And Theories of Evolution

      Third Edition
      On The Web: http://history-and-evolution.com http://eonic-effect.net
      Darwiniana: An Evolution Blog http://darwiniana.com

      At a time when theories of evolution are under renewed controversy, discussion is hampered by the remoteness of the phenomenon of evolution, and the use of indirect inference to speculate about deep time. Adherents of Darwinism often defend dogmatic versions of the theory that have been questioned since the first reviewers of Origin of Species.

      Now Darwinism is under siege from the Intelligent Design movement, threatening the school system. The attempt to hijack the debate using long discredited arguments by design tends to make Darwinists close ranks around their flawed science. The debate is deadlocked by the rigidity of both parties, evidence of fixed agendas, and metaphysical presumptions. A new approach is needed. The study of history itself holds the clue if we can find it.

      We live in the first generations with enough historical data to detect a pattern of Universal History. The discovery of this pattern, the Eonic Effect, uncovers the evidence for a deep structure resembling punctuated equilibrium in world history itself. The study of history and evolution together shows us something we had missed and allows us to infer the existence of non-random evolution in the emergence of man. Darwinian theory suffers from low evidence density. The Eonic Effect is the only data we have at high evidence density of evolution as a process in real time, and this transforms our views completely.

        We see the real evolution of man as the Great Transition, the human passage from evolution to history, in the chronicle of the once and future Origin of the Species, Man.

      Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to stocks and so much more.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic