Dragon Age and Everway

  • longspeak_teller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      As my current (non-Everway) game winds down to what I think may be its finale, I've been thinking about what will follow it. Then I was playing Dragon Age 2 over the weekend and thought once again how cool the setting would be for a game.

      For those who haven't played the video games, the story they tell and the richness of the setting feels rather epic and Everway-ish to me. In particular the story told by Dragon Age 2 feels like the sort of epic human tale you'd see in Everway.

      Has anyone done anything along these lines? I know Green Ronin put out their own Dragon Age RPG. I have the first boxed set and wasn't too impressed. It's targeting console gamers interested in trying RPGs, and kinda leaves more experienced gamers hanging.

      After playing the first game, I thought a game where all PCs were Grey Wardens could be nicely run using Dogs in the Vineyard. I still think so. But the latest game shows the Grey Wardens are not the only ones in Thedas with the potential to be epic and awesome. So now I'm thinking Everway.

      Has anyone done anything along these lines? How'd it work out?

      John