Mystic Empyrean

  • A Ngymish Navigator
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011
      Hi folks.

      John's thread on spontaneous games reminded me of a tabletop RPG project on
      Kickstarter currently that seems like it might be of interest to other *
      Everway* fans. Mystic
      Empyrean<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/mystic-empyrean-create-discover-become>
      * *is something like *Everway* meets *Exalted* meets *In a Wicked Age* meets
      *Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles* -- a combo with a lot of exciting
      potential!

      One of its most intriguing aspects is the game's peer-reviewed roleplaying
      system. Character powers are based on personality traits -- the more that
      the other players at the table see your character exhibiting a personality
      trait, the more that you will be able to develop the corresponding power.
      I'm pretty excited about this mechanic's potential to serve as a bridge for
      players more used to the crunchy character progression systems of
      traditional RPGs (D&D, World of Darkness, etc) to more narrative games like
      *Everway*.

      There's also a free
      preview<http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=87785>that
      you can check out if you want to learn more.

      Cheers!

      -Link