Re: Five Kingdoms, more

  • Michael J. Coffey, CPC
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
      Many moons ago, when Rubicon Games was still actively producing Everway
      products, I wrote up a series of quests using the wuxing. The back-story to
      it was something like this: one of the dragons that helped mastermind the
      rebellion against the gods was extremely intelligent and the gods knew that
      it would be likely to figure a way out of any prison, so they split the
      dragon into five pieces--one for each element, plus they divided the Air
      element in two as extra protection--and embodied each in a new creature.
      Each was still powerful in its own right, but each had another element that
      it was weak against. The earth element became a yellow stone snake; the fire
      element became a red phoenix; the water element became a black tortoise; one
      half of air was transmuted to wood and held some of the identity of the
      dragon, so it was still a green dragon in form; the other half of air was
      transmuted to metal, with the power to cut down wood.

      I know the first of the series of quests had been posted on the
      RubiconGames.com website, and we had talked about publishing the rest of
      them. I even used it in doing Everway demos at conventions. (For those
      that haven't been around the list that long, I used to be on of two Everway
      editors at Rubicon Games.)

      Man, way to bring up old memories, Jon! :)

      --Michael J. Coffey--
      Certified Professional Coach
      www.ardeacoaching.com

      Get more done, worry less, and take control of your money!
      Get Your $#!& Together! www.ardeacoaching.com/gyst/

    • John
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
        I played in one of those, and it was awesome. Always wished I could
        do more of them. Of course, NOW you've spoiled the surprise. :-)

        Any chance you have enough to share with the list, Michael?

        John

        --- In Everway-L@yahoogroups.com, "Michael J. Coffey, CPC"
        <michaelc@...> wrote:

        > Many moons ago, when Rubicon Games was still actively producing
        Everway
        > products, I wrote up a series of quests using the wuxing. The back-
        story to
        > it was something like this: one of the dragons that helped
        mastermind the
        > rebellion against the gods was extremely intelligent and the gods
        knew that
        > it would be likely to figure a way out of any prison, so they split
        the
        > dragon into five pieces--one for each element, plus they divided
        the Air
        > element in two as extra protection--and embodied each in a new
        creature.
        > Each was still powerful in its own right, but each had another
        element that
        > it was weak against. The earth element became a yellow stone snake;
        the fire
        > element became a red phoenix; the water element became a black
        tortoise; one
        > half of air was transmuted to wood and held some of the identity of
        the
        > dragon, so it was still a green dragon in form; the other half of
        air was
        > transmuted to metal, with the power to cut down wood.
        >
        > I know the first of the series of quests had been posted on the
        > RubiconGames.com website, and we had talked about publishing the
        rest of
        > them. I even used it in doing Everway demos at conventions. (For
        those
        > that haven't been around the list that long, I used to be on of two
        Everway
        > editors at Rubicon Games.)
        >
        > Man, way to bring up old memories, Jon! :)
        >
        > --Michael J. Coffey--
        > Certified Professional Coach
        > www.ardeacoaching.com
        >
        > Get more done, worry less, and take control of your money!
        > Get Your $#!& Together! www.ardeacoaching.com/gyst/
      • jonfreeman2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 27, 2006
          Yes please!
          I'd love to read anything you have and are willing to share!

          Cheers a thousand
          Jon F