archives of letters to waugh

  • jeffreymanley123
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010
      In the Catalogue of the EW Collection at the HRC in Austin (1981), there are only 62 letters TO Waugh listed. Many of these seem to have been tipped or pasted into books that form the body of the collection. What I am wondering is, what happened to the bulk of the letters TO Waugh? Are they still held by the family? Did HRC make a later purchase not included in the printed catalogue? Has some other archive acquired them? I am particularly interested in letters TO Waugh from Anthony Powell of which there must be a fair number. jeff
    • Robert Davis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010
        The British Library has a number of them, though I have not been able to examine them. There are many letters to Waugh in the A. D. Peters file and the HRC--far too many to list in the Catalogue. Alexander is collecting them for the Complete Works, though who knows when that will be?

        Enjoyed your D. J. Taylor review in EWN and may write a short addendum. Best, Bob

        Robert Murray Davis 9846 E. Minnesota Avenue, Sun Lakes, AZ 85248 (480) 802-2953