New book: "Dead White Men," by Johan Hakelius

  • Antony F. P. Vickery
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2009
      On the Swedish Wire ( http://preview.tinyurl.com/ya2vqb3 ), Johan Hakelius writes:

      I’ve just written a book, ”Döda vita män” (Dead White Men), on a handful of more or less eccentric Brits. In it you will find, among others, Evelyn Waugh and his son Auberon, Alec Guinness and George Orwell, Oswald Mosley and James Lees-Milne, Hugh Massingberd and Jeffrey Bernard. Most of them were fairly sane and some of them seemed almost shockingly normal at surface. Others may seem to be a card or two short of a full deck, but I would rather claim that they had a card or two extra and thus played with an overfull deck.

      The book is in Swedish, so most of us will have to wait for an English translation.

      Antony F. P. Vickery
      Lansdale, PA
      USA