Appeal to Eureka Mayor Bass - Big Winter Storm is Forcast for Humboldt County!

  • Bill Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009
      Big Winter Storm is Forcast for Humboldt County!

      Let us remember the men, the women and the children, our brothers and sisters, our mothers and fathers, our sons and daughters who are huddled under a bush shivering in the rain.

      Please join me in contacting Eureka Mayor Virginia Bass and requesting that she use the emergency powers vested in her to open an emergency shelter in a city facility for our homeless during this rainy period, and during the rainy periods to come this winter.

      Mayor Bass Office: (707) 441-4200

      Mayor Bass Email:  virginia@...

      It is the responsibility of our government to care for the vulnerable among us.

      please forward this email to anyone who cares!

      Thank you,

      have a peaceful day,

      Bill

      Special Weather Statement – Redwood Coast

      Posted in Uncategorized with tags 95501arcataemerald triangleeurekahumboldt countymendocino countynorthern californiashasta countysierra nevadastorm warningtrinity county on October 9, 2009 by highboldtage

      … Pacific storm to bring wet and windy weather early next week…

      A strong Pacific storm system will move into the northeastern
      Pacific Monday and move slowly inland by Wednesday. Southerly
      winds will become strong and gusty along the coast and over higher
      elevations beginning late Monday. Significant rains will also
      accompany this storm with rainfall totals ranging from 1 to 4
      inches across northwest California from Monday through Wednesday.
      The combination of winds and heavy rains will bring the threat of
      rock slides and localized low level and urban flooding. Interested
      parties should continue to monitor National Weather Service
      forecasts for the latest details regarding this storm.

      http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/001.html#SPE