78The Right Way to Legalize Marijuana

  • Bill Holmes
    Jul 20, 2010

      I am not sure how I am going to vote on Proposition 19, the California initiative that purports to legalize the possession of small amounts of cannabis for adults.  Of course I am pro-legalization.   I am a radical who believes that the Constitution already guarantees us the use of this plant under several clauses including the first, the fourth, the fifth and the 10th amendments, and also as a natural human right that no government can take from us.

      As for Prop 19 I am not sure, sometimes I suspect that it is an attempt by some established interests to corner the market legally, which will not be such a good thing.  People (perhaps even more than now) will still be thrown in jail over cannabis related "crime."  I am leaning towards "yes" at the moment because I feel that a yes will be at least an incremental step towards full legalization.  However I do admit that that argument failed me when the Democrats used it to push through  their awful health care "reform."

      Anyway I am not decided yet on 19, I will let you know when I do.

      But I do need to point out that there is a way to legalize cannabis the right way.  The right way would be to simply eliminate every instance in the California Penal Code that criminalizes the use, possession, or cultivation of marijuana cannabis.

      Simple.  Clean. Done.

      The easiest way to fix it is by eliminating a few laws not passing some more.

      have a peaceful day,

      Bill

      --
      Free the Weed MP3