Tuesday Night Euchre Social, 9/5/2006, 6:00 pm

  • EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2006
      Reminder from: EuchreScience's Calendar
      Title: Tuesday Night Euchre Social
      Date: Tuesday September 5, 2006
      Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every week, until Monday September 18, 2006.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 1 day, 3 minutes.
      Location: Pogo Social Cement Pond
      Copyright © 2006  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
    • EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2006
        Date: Tuesday September 5, 2006
        Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
        Repeats: This event repeats every week, until Monday September 18, 2006.
        Location: Pogo Social Cement Pond
        Copyright © 2006  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
      • Natty Bumppo
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2006
          There is only one thing ruder than not showing up when not
          invited, and that is not being there when the people you
          have invited show up.

          That has been the case of the last two Sunday morning
          Euchre Science "socials" and the last two Tuesday evening
          Euchre Science "socials."

          In accord with these recent exercises in absolute dearth
          of etiquette, I have just set up three more events on the
          Euchre Science calendar. I advise you now that I have NO
          INTENTION of attending ANY of them.

          EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Reminder from the Calendar of EuchreScience
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EuchreScience/cal
          >
          > Tuesday Night Euchre Social
          > Tuesday September 5, 2006
          > 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
          > (This event repeats every week, until Monday September 18, 2006.)
          > Location: Pogo Social Cement Pond
          >
          > Notes:
          > This event begins at 9:00pm Eastern Time. . . .
        • Concetta Schafhausen
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 6, 2006
            I won't be there either

            --- Natty Bumppo <borf@...> wrote:

            > There is only one thing ruder than not showing up
            > when not
            > invited, and that is not being there when the people
            > you
            > have invited show up.
            >
            > That has been the case of the last two Sunday
            > morning
            > Euchre Science "socials" and the last two Tuesday
            > evening
            > Euchre Science "socials."
            >
            > In accord with these recent exercises in absolute
            > dearth
            > of etiquette, I have just set up three more events
            > on the
            > Euchre Science calendar. I advise you now that I
            > have NO
            > INTENTION of attending ANY of them.
            >
            > EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com wrote:
            >
            > > Reminder from the Calendar of EuchreScience
            > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EuchreScience/cal
            > >
            > > Tuesday Night Euchre Social
            > > Tuesday September 5, 2006
            > > 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
            > > (This event repeats every week, until Monday
            > September 18, 2006.)
            > > Location: Pogo Social Cement Pond
            > >
            > > Notes:
            > > This event begins at 9:00pm Eastern Time. . . .
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • jjewels212
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
              Who is better qualified to speak on the subject of rudeness than the
              EuchreScience perveyor of good manners himself? I would personally
              like to recommend a new office for this discussion group, designated
              the Miss Manners of EuchreScience. I nominate Natty to the position,
              and would expect a unanimous vote, as there can be no conceivable
              competition. Anyone wishing to apply for the position of campaign
              manager, please let me know.

              -J

              --- In EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com, "Natty Bumppo" <borf@...> wrote:

              > There is only one thing ruder than not showing up when not
              > invited, and that is not being there when the people you
              > have invited show up.
              >
              > That has been the case of the last two Sunday morning
              > Euchre Science "socials" and the last two Tuesday evening
              > Euchre Science "socials."
              >
              > In accord with these recent exercises in absolute dearth
              > of etiquette, I have just set up three more events on the
              > Euchre Science calendar. I advise you now that I have NO
              > INTENTION of attending ANY of them.
              >
              > EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              >
              > > Reminder from the Calendar of EuchreScience
              > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EuchreScience/cal
              > >
              > > Tuesday Night Euchre Social
              > > Tuesday September 5, 2006
              > > 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
              > > (This event repeats every week, until Monday September 18, 2006.)
              > > Location: Pogo Social Cement Pond
              > >
              > > Notes:
              > > This event begins at 9:00pm Eastern Time. . . .

            • Sword_4_hire
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
                I second the nomination for Natty to be the "Miss Manners" of the Euchre Science group and I further nominate the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to fairly redistribute the wealth of the american/canadian peoples to the nations of the world.

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
                  I accept. You fuckers have no greater
                  concept of manners than a hog has about
                  heaven.

                  I will not, however, tolerate Mr. Ah-
                  madinejad in my cabinet. I question
                  his knowledge of euchre.

                  Sword_4_hire <fastfredy0@...> wrote:

                  > I second the nomination for Natty to be
                  > the "Miss Manners" of the Euchre Science
                  > group and I further nominate the Iranian
                  > President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad . . . .

                  [* I think the writer meant "purveyor."]
                • jjewels212
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 8, 2006
                    Thanks to Natty for accepting the nomination to an otherwise thankless
                    job. I'm sure the rest of us hogs will all rest easier knowing that
                    both the manners police and grammar police are looking out for us.

                    And yes, thank you, I did mean purveyor.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 10, 2006
                      Thanks for the smile... nobly accepted.