Re: New poll for EuchreScience

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 2249 , Jul 1, 2006

              I learned this from teaming up with Patricia recently online which she heard from Julie who heard it from an Australian euchre champ.  In the past I have always led the 9 (trump) to my 3rd chair partner, 2nd round, caller. MOST of the time a point is made and SOME times euchred. In most cases a call from 3rd chair in the 2nd round  is a sign that power is disstributed more evenly. With a lead of trump, there goes two trump for one trick. I have noticed from my own experience if  my 1st chair partner DOES NOT lead trump to me, a point is surprisingly made. If you decide to try leading away from trump on a 2nd round, 3rd chair call I think you will find yourself:

      1. making a point more often.

      2. not getting euchred as much

      3. being able to make thinner calls from 3rd chair

      Try it , I think you'll like.

      Todd

      p.s. Thank you Patricia, Julie and Aussie euchre champ! ;)

      When leading trump to partner in this instance

      Message 2249 of 2249 , Jul 18, 2016
        Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the EuchreScience group:
        A new "Kindle" Euchre for the Average Player, by COBER101, says, When you pick up as dealer, discard your shortest suit even if your shortest suit is an ace because an ace is no good if it is trumped.
        Created by: wdfover50
        1. Agree
        2. Disagree

        Thanks!