What to lead from RQTc Ah Xs (was Re: Another time to trump partner's ace)

  • bimbert84
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi Gerry,

      > > "Why? RQT is just as valid a hand to order on, in which case
      > > trumping your P's ace is the only way to lose."
      >
      > > At the risk of putting words in Ace's mouth, I think the
      > > dealer should go on the assumption that the maker either
      > > has 1 trump left or 2 including the Ac (which, as scolar
      > > later pointed out, was the case.)

      The correct assumption, of course, depends on RHO's play on the 1st
      trick. Obviously, if RHO played the Ac, the assumption you just
      outlined is invalid. If RHO did not play the Ac, then the assumption
      you made is correct.

      All I was trying to say is that there was not enough information
      presented originally to warrant one assumption over the other. In
      the course of play, that information would be known, and the correct
      course of play could be determined unambiguously.

      -- Rob