Re: Poll results for EuchreScience

  • bimbert84 <bimbert84@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 787 , Mar 1, 2003
      Hi Gerry,

      > Clubs is a pretty big issue here isn't it?

      Absolutely.

      > In my mind, I'm thinking my partner opened the hand with
      > his longest suit. I'm hoping that he had 3 clubs in his
      > hand and the 6th one is either buried or in the dealer's
      > hand.

      Maybe so, but the issue isn't just clubs, it's short-suitedness.
      Unless the maker is 4-suited (which is VERY unlikely), he either has
      three trump, or (at least) a doubleton offsuit, be it clubs, spades,
      or diamonds. Either way, your aces can take at most one of them.
      That would leave the other one good if he manages to regain the lead.

      For example, let's say the maker has JKh K9s Ac. After the club
      opener, you lead back the 9h. Maker takes the trick and leads back
      the 9s. You take it and lead back your Ad. Maker trumps it and
      leads back the Ks. Done.

      Without trump, you and your P are helpless. To play this smart, you
      have to assume your aces are good for AT MOST one trick. Since
      you've already committed to the fact that your trump are worth only
      one, you're definitely going to need your P for the third. It's not
      going to be in suits, since you're the one with the aces, so you've
      got to give him the opportunity to use any trump he may have.

      That's your only reasonable chance, IMO. Don't lead trump on
      defense, damnit!

      -- Rob
    • EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com
      Message 787 of 787 , Nov 19, 2013
        The following EuchreScience poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: The dealer to your right called Diamonds trump, you're down to your last 3 cards and both suits in your hand have not been played yet.(KC, QKS) The dealer plays a heart, which card do you play next?

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - KC, 2 votes, 20.00%
        - QS, 6 votes, 60.00%
        - KS, 2 votes, 20.00%

        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        - KC
        - romanticgypsyguy@...
        - mp5with9mmrds@...
        - QS
        - bookcasedust@...
        - biggambler1@...
        - mikedorty@...
        - fastfredy0@...
        - brent@...
        - empty_bee@...
        - KS
        - chrisant@...
        - beckerphd@...

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EuchreScience

        For help with Yahoo Groups, please visit