Re: Left-to-Right or Right-to-Left

  • bimbert84 <bimbert84@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hi Randy,

      > When sorting your cards do you put your Aces to the right and
      > lower cards from right-to-left or Aces to the left and lower
      > cards from left-to-right? Something Else? If you have the Left
      > bower after trump is called, do you move it or leave it where
      > it was?

      I never sort my cards at all. I pick 'em up and hold 'em exactly as
      they were dealt to me.

      -- Rob
    • Ed <t_bolt76@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
        --- In EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com, GivenRandy@a... wrote:
        > When sorting your cards do you put your Aces to the right and lower
        cards from right-to-left or Aces to the left and lower cards from
        left-to-right? Something Else? If you have the Left bower after trump
        is called, do you move it or leave it where it was?

        I don't sort the cards for the majority. I just keep my cards in the
        order I pick them up because I don't need to give my opponents any
        ideas to where's my trump cards in my hand.

        T_Bolt76
        Ed
      • Jed Taylor
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
          I don't sort my cards.  Doing so gives your opponents information about your holding.  As an alternative, you can oversort on every hand to "destroy" the information if you prefer to play with a sorted hand.

          If I were to sort, I'd sort L-to-R.  And I'd move the L in with the trump, and sort it above the A.