Re: What's the chances . . .

  • pimped_her_out
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
      To be fair I think he is also deserving of a nomination in the category of biggest dramatized overreaction of the year.

      --- In EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com, Fred Benjamin <fastfredy0@...> wrote:

      > 100 % agreed !!! I nominate Natty's post for the irony award of the year.
      >

      > ~Sword
      >

      > ________________________________

    • kmaxm2001
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
        I'm sorry but I didn't even realize anyone was upset about anything until I read Nat's post. I didn't remember any specific comments made until Corey reminded me last night about you saying something about going next. I certainly did not know that Nat left becuse of what you said as it is not unusual for someone to leave a game somewhat abruptly. I feel your comments were rather innocuous but then again I wasn't your partner. Perhaps, I would have felt differently had I been your partner. At least it wasn't the wtf you gave me a few weeks ago. Lol. Offensive or not I'm sorry that our session was virtually ended because of this as it is difficult to get a foursome lately and I look forward to competing against the other members.

        Kmaxm2001
      • nathaniel_j_b_bumppo
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
          "pimped_her_out" <torturedoutlaw@...> wrote:

          > "that was a perfect time to go next"
          >
          > That is all that was said by me after the hand. . . .

          But that is NOT all you said. When you said that,
          I replied that I had both green suits stopped (I
          had A-K of spades, J of diamonds, 9 of hearts, and
          a small club; clubs were turned down, and I passed).

          THEN you said that you had considered ordering the
          club (holding both black bowers) but passed hoping
          for a "next" call. I let that go.

          But, guess what? You GOT the "next" call, even
          though you had to call it yourself. And you may
          recall that I LED "next" to you, and we marched.
          How good does it have to get? I even left you an
          opportunity for a "next" loner.

          The only danger in my passing was the possibility
          the dealer's partner had both black bowers. Highly
          unlikely, given his failure to assist in clubs.
          (The dealer would not have turned down with two
          black bowers.) Better to let someone else call
          spades and euchre them (or help my partner make
          a point), or to euchre someone in red (or help
          my partner make a point in red).

          Then later, when the dealer (Kmaxm a/k/a Earl) went
          alone in clubs, with the deal, and I had ace-king of
          diamonds, a small heart, a small club, and the nine
          of spades, I led the nine of spades. You said (as
          Earl marched), "My partner made the perfect lead."
          It turned out well for Earl ("perfect," if you will),
          but it was the correct lead.

          Yesterday's were not the first incidents. You and I
          were partnering a little over six months ago, and
          beating the pants off everyone else, and you kept
          nitpicking. That's what led to my "Don't argue with
          success" column last summer.
          http://borf_books.tripod.com/ecolum91.htm#success
          (it's Natty/2009/Natty_2009_07_03.html in the "files"
          archives of Euchre Science)
        • kmaxm2001
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
            As much as it pains me to point it out, counselor, the comment you attributed to pimp was actually made by Corey regarding the hand preceeding my successful loner. In that hand with pimp dealing we euchred him after he picked up a heart. I had the lone left and four clubs including the ace which I led first. You trumped with the king and Corey over-trumped with the right. He then led the ace of spades which took the second trick and sealed the euchre since I still had the left. It was sometime after that that Corey made the perfect lead remark. Perhaps you thought pimp made the comment because it was not made immediately afterwards. With four clubs and the left the lead was quite unremarkable. I remember this now because I said something to that effect to the others after you had left the table.

            Kmaxm2001
          • pimped_her_out
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 1, 2010
              "My partner made the perfect lead."

              I never said that at all, but if I did it would have been a compliment not an insult. I remember the hand where earl went alone and marched but I didn't think you had done anything wrong. You left soon after that hand and we all assumed that you had been booted from the server, or something similar. I certainly didn't feel that there was any hostility. The comments after the other hand were so mild in comparison to what I have seen you make at the table in years gone past (under the alias hebhoe) that I am doing my level best just to take this whole thing seriously.

              I find it impossible that anyone could have reasonably taken offense at what I said. However I am happy to play the games in complete taciturnity if that suits people better. I imagine that would be a tough task for you given your penchant for making onomatopoeic grunting noises or utterances like "duh" to express your disapproval with a play.
            • pimped_her_out
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2010
                I recall replying to this column in some detail at the time.
                I don't have the time to dig it up up now. But I have 1 question:

                How is your saying "wrong color" after I make a call and take 3 tricks without a lick of help from you any better than me saying "perfect time to go next"

                I also have a suggestion. Put me on ignore if you ever come to the social 20 game again and I will do likewise. This way we will have no further misunderstandings. You might want to put every1 on ignore while you are at it as it seems that it was Corey's comment which you wrongly attributed to me that precipitated your departure from what was otherwise an enjoyable game.

                --- In EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com, "nathaniel_j_b_bumppo" <borf@...> wrote:

                You and I were partnering a little over six months ago, and
                beating the pants off everyone else, and you kept
                nitpicking. That's what led to my "Don't argue with
                success" column last summer.
                http://borf_books.tripod.com/ecolum91.htm#success
                (it's Natty/2009/Natty_2009_07_03.html in the "files"
                archives of Euchre Science)
              • Adam Brussow
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2010

                  kmaxm2001 wrote:

                  As much as it pains me to point it out, counselor, the comment you attributed to pimp was actually made by Corey regarding the hand preceeding my successful loner. In that hand with pimp dealing we euchred him after he picked up a heart. I had the lone left and four clubs including the ace which I led first. You trumped with the king and Corey over-trumped with the right. He then led the ace of spades which took the second trick and sealed the euchre since I still had the left. It was sometime after that that Corey made the perfect lead remark. Perhaps you thought pimp made the comment because it was not made immediately afterwards. With four clubs and the left the lead was quite unremarkable. I remember this now because I said something to that effect to the others after you had left the table.

                  Kmaxm2001

                • Fred Benjamin
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 2, 2010

                    Good one!