Re: New poll for EuchreScience - Rules

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 2214 , Apr 1, 2009
      Fred says "So occasionally I am forced to bid with 9s and 10s which
      always peaks my curiosity." Coming from a scientist I can aprreciate
      this statement about the benefits of playing STD. With that said, , this
      is probably best statement that will ever be said positively on STD in a
      "TENS" game.

      --- In EuchreScience@yahoogroups.com, Fred Benjamin <fastfredy0@...>
      wrote:

      > The adjective I chose is academic. It is academic because good players
      rarely ( I would say 1 in 150) pass out a hand. (But I like STD ...
      because you don't always play with good players. So occasionally I am
      forced to bid with 9s and 10s which always peaks my curiosity)

      > Sword
      >

      > ________________________________

    • jtmwingnut
      Message 2214 of 2214 , May 17
        Robin, I'm sorry for not replying sooner, been busy. The question in the poll was.

        Down 8-7, 10D upcard, sitting in 2nd chair, holding JD JH 9H KC JC. What do you do?

        The upcard was the 10D not the QD, as you posted. Don't know if that makes a difference.

        You replied in your initial post with:  "Order,  score a point, and lose the game the majority of the time!"  And, "Bottom line here is you will lose the game the majority of the time by ordering the dealer. "

        When I read your reply I assumed "majority of the time" was more than the stats actually say. It is a majority of the time. I was thinking larger numbers

        and went from there.

        I have asked the fellow who does not order from second with both same colored bowers as the upcard to explain in some form of his strategy. His only reply was/is, as I stated before is "I didn't have anything to with them." I will be watching tho.

        Monday we were tied 9-9 and I picked up the KD to go with the AD, three suited, no off suit aces and we got set and lost. I then replied "I figured you with both bowers." We laughed and gave high fives. : )

        Sorry Robin.

        Todd