Fw: CHS Graduate Clears Hurdle to APC Chaplaincy Certification

  • Stephanie N. Canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012

      --- On Thu, 11/15/12, Cherry Hill Seminary <chs@...> wrote:

      Cherry Hill Seminary Graduate Clears Hurdle to Chaplaincy Certification
      For Immediate Release

      COLUMBIA, S.C. - Cherry Hill Seminary's first Master of Divinity degree graduate has received news from the Association of Professional Chaplains that her degree will be accepted as equivalent to a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.

      Sandra Lee Harris, M.Div., stated that,  "BCCI [Board of Chaplaincy Certification, Inc.], the credentials-examining body for the Association of Professional Chaplains, has accepted the evidence I provided that the Master of Divinity in Pagan Pastoral Counseling that I earned at Cherry Hill Seminary and completed in May of this year meets 'the graduate theological degree from an accredited seminary standard of the Association of Professional Chaplains' [quoted from the topic of my Masters Thesis]."

      Harris continues,  "Now I am free to complete my application to become a board-certified chaplain, which will require significant additional writing to keep me busy for the next couple of months, and to request my endorsing body, Sacred Well Congregation, to present its credentials and my endorsement to the Association of Professional Chaplains."

      David Oringderff, Ph.D., Harris's department chair and adviser at Cherry Hill Seminary, congratulated her on her achievement, "This is indeed a milestone, both for your professional aspirations and for Cherry Hill Seminary."  Oringderff noted the precedent set by the BCCI/APC decision, which could strengthen the case for future acceptance of Cherry Hill Seminary degrees by other institutions, the U.S. Department of Defense, for example.

      Harris has served as a volunteer chaplain in several institutional settings, including mental health, hospital, county emergency response, and for Sacred Well Congregation. She will be honored at a graduation ceremony and reception in December, hosted by the Between the Worlds conference of Assembly of the Sacred Wheel.  Cherry Hill Seminary Executive Director Holli Emore will lead the ceremony.  Harris expressed her happiness at reaching this important milestone, saying,  "I am past the greatest obstacle.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your loving support."

      Cherry Hill Seminary is the leading provider of education and practical training in leadership, ministry, and personal growth in Pagan and Nature-Based spiritualities.

      For further information contact Cherry Hill Seminary at 888-503-4131 or CHS@...

      This email was sent to thunderhoofdesigns@... by chs@... |
      Cherry Hill Seminary | P.O. Box 5405 | Columbia | SC | 29250