WORKSHOP: Samhain Aw akening wi th Raven E dgewalker and Crow W alker, Oct ober 13-14 , 2012 in Austin‏

  • Suzanne McAnna
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2012
      SAMHAIN AWAKENING
      October 13-14, 2012 in Austin
      with Raven Edgewalker and Crow Walker

      "We are here to awaken from our illusion of separateness." ― Thich Nhat Hanh
      We are unique individual beings, and we are an essential part of a larger whole. To embrace this paradox is to awaken from the epidemic of disconnection that plagues our world. True conscious connection begins with the heart. Opening our hearts, we deepen and strengthen our connections with our humanity. We deepen and strengthen our connections in community with other humans, with the other beings around us, and at this Samhain-tide with the Ancestors and the Otherworld.

      In this workshop we will explore our inner borderlands―our tender and joyful edges― as well as the borderlands between the worlds. We aim to step forward, to commit to active presence and conscious co-creation of the universe. To be active and present with, and conscious of, connection.

      To help us do this, we plan to explore the power of the word―the language we use and the stories we tell ourselves and each other. We will inspire and conspire with the magic of breath. We will gaze into the mirror and notice the ways in which we reflect each other. We will make art, dance, sing, and express the music our hearts long to make individually and together. We invite you to join us, and to answer the call of awakening in ritual among the trees and beneath the stars.

      When and Where:

      Saturday, October 13th, 10 AM until 5 PM at Ancient Mysteries
      Saturday, October 13th, 7:30 PM until 9 PM at Garrison Park
      Sunday, October 14th, 10 AM until 2:30 PM at Ancient Mysteries

      Cost: Sliding scale of $100 - $150. A deposit of $25 is required to hold your space. Final payment must be made by September 15, 2012.

      Contact: If you have questions about the workshop, please email Crow at rubyslippersdorothy@... or call her at 713.298.2913.

      How to Register: Please complete the form below and email to rubyslippersdorothy@.... If paying by check, the mailing address will be sent to you upon receipt of your registration form. If paying with a credit card by PayPal, please add $5.00 to cover PayPal fees. More details will be sent ahead of the workshop.

      Name: __________________________________________________________
      Address: __________________________________________________________
      Phone: __________________________________________________________
      Email: __________________________________________________________

      Balance Due (to be paid by September 15, 2012)

      Method of Payment (please check one)
      ___ Check ___ PayPal

      About the Teachers

      RAVEN EDGEWALKER is a British Witch who currently lives in the magical landscape of Somerset, close to Glastonbury with her large and devoted hound. She has an on-going and passionate love affair with trees, ecology and the natural world, and the magic of building connections.

      She has been working, studying and teaching in the Reclaiming tradition for over ten years and is an initiate in both the Reclaiming and Anderson Feri traditions. One of her passions is to travel and she is delighted to be able to combine this with another - her passion for teaching: She loves to travel and has taught courses, classes and Witchcamps internationally, as well as online classes from wherever she happens to have traveled to with her laptop, and plans and hopes to make many further trips as well as offering teaching closer to home.

      When not gallivanting round the world teaching, Raven is a self-employed artist and crafts-person - she is often to be found in the workshop, covered in sawdust and twigs while making ogham staves, runes, wands and other such delights, in the studio with wire and stones and beads creating jewelry or hunched over her sewing machine. She is a sometime professional ogham reader, writer and poet and general jack-of-all-trades as the need takes her.

      CROW WALKER considers herself a warrior of the fierce heart. She works primarily through the power of story, the breath that rises from within the land, the song of the harp, and the practice of presence. Her work weaves the realms and magic of the Human and Faery races. She believes that through opening to ecstasy, compassion, and action, we can name and transform that which requires healing in ourselves and in the world.

      Crow is a Faery Seer and a Reclaiming and Feri initiate. She teaches locally and internationally. When she's not teaching, she navigates the corridors of the corporate legal world by day and writes fiction professionally by night. She loves all forms of story, be the tales told on the small or big screen, from the lips of a storyteller, or on the page. In her very spare, spare time, she bakes, dances, and studies the aforementioned harp. She feels at home in the green world. Crow travels regularly to the Oregon coast and to Ireland for work and play.