Re: [Ethical_Witches] Fw: Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 31

  • Pearl McKinley
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
      Merry Lughnasad, everyone!
      I am celebrating this day with freshly baked bread in honour of the First Fruits of the Harvest, and with a red candle designating the sacrifice of King William the Red or Rufus the Red when he declared himself pagan.
      I am also wishing all farmers a bountiful harvest!
      Brightest Blessings!
      ~ Pearl

      From: White Bison <authsender@...>
      Subject: Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 31
      To: meditation@...
      Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 2:05 AM

      white bison logo

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/h_buffalo.jpg

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/h_feather.gif

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/transparent.gif

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/top_box.gif

      Elder's Meditation of the Day - July 31

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/oakfall.gif

      Look behind you. See your sons and your daughters. They are your future. Look farther and see your sons' and your daughters' children and their children's children even unto the Seventh Generation. That's the way we were taught. Think about it: you yourself are a Seventh Generation."

      --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA

      The Creator designed us with a free will. That means we function from choices and consequences. It is important that we practice thinking about consequences before we make decisions about choices. Every choice I make is like setting up dominos one after the other that produce consequences. Not just for me but also for my children and for the children that are unborn. My choices and decision today will have consequences for seven generations. For example, if I work on my own spiritual development and I walk the Red Road, the odds are that my children will. They will marry and their children will follow the Red Road and so will my grandchildren even up to the seventh generation. This will happen because of the choices and decisions that I make today.

      Great Spirit, grant that the choices and decisions that I make today will honor Your laws and values. May I live in peace today that will ripple into the seventh generation.

      To unsubscribe, click here.

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/transparent.gif

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/bottom_box.gif

      Contact us:
      White Bison, inc.
      6145 Lehman Drive Suite 200
      Colorado Springs, CO
      80918

      http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/images/wblogo.gif

      E-mail us:
      www.whitebison.org
      info@...
      Phone : 719-548-1000
      Fax : 719-548-9407

    • Pearl McKinley
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
        That should have read King William the Second.... sorry!

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
          This is so beautiful, I had to share!

          That Lammas, traditionally, is a merry time, a time of Fairs, Handfastings, and Feasts is expressed in the following poem by Robert Burns.
          It was on a Lammas night,
          When corn rigs are bonie,
          Beneath the moon's unclouded light,
          I held away to Annie:
          The time flew by, wi tentless heed,
          Till 'tween the late and early;
          Wi' sma' persuasion she agreed
          To see me thro' the barley.
          The sky was blue, the wind was still,
          The moon was shining clearly;
          I set her down, wi' right good will,
          Amang the rigs o'barley
          I ken't her heart was a' my ain;
          I lov'd her most sincerely;
          I kissed her owre and owre again,
          Among the rig o' barley.
          I locked her in my fond embrace;
          Her heart was beating rarely:
          My blessings on that happy place,
          Amang the rigs o'barley.
          But by the moon and stars so bright,
          That shone that hour so clearly!
          She ay shall bless that happy night,
          Amang the rigs o'barley.
          I hae been blythe wi' Comrades dear;
          I hae been merry drinking;
          I hae been joyfu' gath'rin gear;
          I hae been happy thinking:
          But a' the pleasures e'er I saw,
          Tho three times doubl'd fairley
          That happy night was worth then a'.
          Among the rig's o' barley.
          CHORUS
          Corn rigs, an' barley rigs,
          An' corn rigs are bonie:
          I'll ne'er forget that happy night,
          Among the rigs wi' Annie.
          Lammas is often celebrated as the Wake for the Sacred King. As you know, a Wake is a Celebration of Life, not a time to grieve. And Lammas is a joyous time of celebration. Feast to your heart's content, sing, dance and make merry. Light your Need-Fires and make your Kern-babies. You'll "ne'er forget that happy night" you celebrated in The Old Ways! Blessed Be!!!