In the news - January 3rd, 2010

  • Stephanie N. Canada
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010

      A short on this week.  Sorry, but I ject got back into Austin.

      By the way, in what ways would you say animals enter in to your magical practice?

      Namaste,
      Stephanie

      ____________________________________

      The cure for boredom is curiosity.
      There is no cure for curiosity.

                              -- Dorothy Parker

    • torch.bearer@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
        I'm still waiting for the video... My internet isn't the fastest in world, but it works. In the meantime, I figured I would answer your question about animals in my magickal practice.

        Animals tend to show up as signs for me. For example, consider the situation around an elderly woman I knew (who shall remain nameless for privacy reasons). I saw her one morning. Shortly after she left, I saw a great number of black birds on an electrical wire all facing the same direction. It struck me as odd. I couldn't recall any time that I had ever seen such an assembly at that location. As I watched the birds for a few moment, the old woman's face came to mind. That afternoon, I received a call that she was in hospital. She passed away within a few weeks.

        Shortly before a major turning point in my spiritual practice I saw a coyote near my house. My neighbors had commented on seeing them for years, but I had never seen one -- not once in almost 10 years. I had never even heard them in all that time. That day was only time. I think it was a sign.

        Rather verbose, but I hope it answers the question. I anxious to see what other people have to say.

        -Bright blessings,
        -Ceana Luighseach
        -a Pagan in Austin