Fw: AAIM & Nobelity present "One Peace at a Time" + KOOP radio show!

  • Stephanie N. Canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009

      From: Tom Spencer, CEO of AAIM <aaim@...>
      Subject: AAIM & Nobelity present "One Peace at a Time" + KOOP radio show!

      aaim_logo_red   Tune in to KOOP Radio 91.7 FM on
         Wednesday, Dec. 2, 6:00-7:00.  Tom
         Spencer and Nobelity screenwriter Turk

         Pipkin will be featured on the weekly
         show, "Writing
      on the Air"!

      Tuesday, December 1, 2009

      Dear Friends,

      Last week we sent you information about Turk Pipkin's new Nobelity Project film, "One Peace at a Time", which will be showing at the Arbor Cinema Dec. 4-8.  Again, I especially encourage all of you to join us this Sunday, December 6 at 7pm, for a special screening with Q&A immediately following.  Turk and I will be discussing the film and taking questions from the audience.
      One Peace at a Time
      In addition, Turk and I will be "appearing" on KOOP radio's "Writing on the Air" tomorrow evening - Wednesday, Dec. 2.  Tune in to 91.7 FM from 6:00-7:00 pm to hear us talk about the upcoming film debut.

      Here's the message we sent out last week:

      One of the things that makes Austin such a special place is that it is filled with remarkable individuals engaged in the sacred work of healing the world. Some do this through extraordinary volunteer service, others by utilizing their unique creative talents.

      One person who has turned his creative talent into a life-changing force for healing is Turk Pipkin. For those of us who "grew up" in Austin over the past thirty years, Turk is an old friend. An author, multi-talented performer, photographer, and film director, Turk launched the Nobelity Project  as a way to direct the attention of world leaders to the pressing needs of mankind.

      AAIM would like to invite our friends
      to a special screening of Turk's latest Nobelity Project film, One Peace at a Time.  Filmed in 20 countries on 5 continents, One Peace at a Time looks at the possibility of providing basic rights to every child: food, water, shelter, opportunity and peace.

      The film will be shown on Sunday, December 6th at 7pm at the Arbor Cinema (9828 Great Hills Tr.).  Following the screening, I will join Turk Pipkin for a brief Q&A session.  Additional screenings will take place December 4-8.  Please come out to support this film which is so beautifully aligned with AAIM's mission of lifting up the voiceless and vulnerable of the world.

      In peace,

      Tom Spencer
      AAIM CEO
      tspencer@...

      Forward to a Friend

      Make a donation to AAIM:  https://aaim.kimbia.com/fundraiser

      Austin Area Interreligious Ministries | 701 Tillery St., Suite 8 | Austin | TX | 78702