Re: Topic - What can we learn from the dead?

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      Just wanted to mention before I got back to the topic that the
      Samhain "Wisdom of the Ancients" ritual was great! I had such
      powerfully positive feedback from attendees afterward, especially the
      two people who said they made contact with an ancestor. The volunteers
      went above and beyoung the call with amazing ritual robes appropriate
      to the Egyptian theme. I'm still comin' down off that one.

      Anyway, I think one important thing that the dead do for us is to teach
      us not to fear the experience. This goes beyond the knowing that there
      is another side, a life beyond this life (although that is important,
      too), it also guides me daily to try my best to suck the marrow out of
      th precious time I have here, to enjoy the physical side of my nature
      and be conscious of the interplay and intertwining of my manifest being
      and my spiritual being and the ways they support and enrich each other.

      Just some thoughts,
      Stephanie
    • Stephanie
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
        I wanted to add my own comments on the topic for this past week,

        I think there are two main things I've learned from my contact with the
        dead. The first is that I don't fear death. I can say that rather
        definitely, since I was in a car accident at high speed and saw the
        other car coming. My last thought before I was thrown out of the car
        and lost consciousness was, "Well, I guess my number is on this one",
        and felt completely calm. I was fortunate to survive, the car was hit
        broadside and crumpled like a soda can.

        I really don't think I would feel this way if I hadn't had visits from
        my brother who had died a few years prior to the accident. He seemed
        so happy where he was, and just he wanted to comfort me and reassure me
        he was fine. Whatever fear I had melted away from his visits.

        The other thing thing I've learned is that -love does not die-. It
        persists and can be felt through time and space. This has been a
        deeply comforting wisdom, given to me by people I hold dear. I am
        grateful for that wisdom.

        Namaste,
        Stephanie

        --- In Ethical_Witches@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie"