Re: Singing in the trees... (Signs of the change of seasons)

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      Third sign, spring green buds. Here's a picture to show what I'm
      talking about:
      http://mimsmissives.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/indian-
      river_0038.jpg

      Any other signs of spring out there?

      Namaste,
      Stephanie

      --- In Ethical_Witches@yahoogroups.com, "thunderhoofdesigns"
      <thunderhoof@...> wrote:

      > I saw another sign of spring today. My Carolina Jasmine is in
      > bloom. I'd love to hear those of you who live in the temperate
      zone
      > to share about your local "signs of spring" when they show up.
      >
      > For those who live further north, share 'em when you got 'em.
      >
      > That's two of my three signs of the change of this season. I'm
      still
      > waiting for the yellow-green leaves on the trees (so exciting!).
      >
      > Namaste,
      > Stephhanie
      >

      > Image:
      > http://www.parkseed.com/product_images/49574.jpg
      >
      > Image of single flower - note the pentacle shape:
      > http://www.about-garden.com/img.php?img=images_data/1652-gelsemium-
      > sempervirens.jpg&typesize=w&size=150
      > (You may have to cut and paste the long URL)
      >
      > Info (Yes it's hardy, but also poisonous):
      > http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_yellow_jessamine.htm
      >

      > --- In Ethical_Witches@yahoogroups.com, "thunderhoofdesigns"
      > <thunderhoof@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The picture quality isn't as good as it might me, but the song
      > > thrills my heart:
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYNifAX-iyM
      > >
      > > snip<

    • Stephanie
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2008
        I went a little cuckoo with images of flowers in the "Photos"
        section, since this is the time of year ('round here, anyway) when
        the wildflowers start coming up.

        Has anyone in Austin area seen any bluebonnets yet? If so, please
        say where, I want to go out and see them. I put a couple of images
        in that "Flowers" photo album for y'all. It makes a really cool
        slide show.

        If you're not in Austin, let us know what is blooming in your area as
        it pops up. And; if you like, put a photo in the "Flowers" photo
        album or give a link. I like photos!!!

        Namaste,
        Stephanie

        --- In Ethical_Witches@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie" <thunderhoof@...>
        wrote:

        > Any other signs of spring out there?
        >
        > Namaste,
        > Stephanie

      • Frances Osborne
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
          I will let you know when the bluebonnets show up on loop 360

          Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix". Check it out.