Re: [aten] Re: [EstrellaWar] Road Closure on the Way to Estrella

  • Bob Duncan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2001
      Yes, that's the spot...Looks like they are trying a permanent fix for that problem.  I had to turn around and go back to the next major road North, at the Service Station, and then go West to connect to Rittenhouse Road.  We don't use this route (Vineyard) in our directions, but I know a lot of local people use it...hence, the warning.

      Raibert

      Patrick Connors wrote:
      Ouch! I commute between Estrella and the Ren Fair and that will triple
      the commute. Why the closure and any idea if/when it'll reopen?
      (Isn't that the area where Vineyard makes the low-water crossing
      of Queen Creek? If so, it's prob'ly just washed out at the riverbed.)
      Thanks!

      Patrick Connors |
      | Smile! The fresh air's good for your teeth.
      | -- Jack Bogut, KDKA Radio, 1970s

      On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Master Raffaelle wrote:

      IF YOU ARE NORMALLY GO TO SCHNEPF FARMS USING VINEYARD, YOU MIGHT WISH TO
      RECONSIDER. VINEYARD SOUTHBOUND TOWARD COMBS ROAD IS BLOCKED ABOUT A MILE
      NORTH OF COMBS ROAD AND YOU WILL HAVE TO TURN AROUND. THERE IS NO DETOUR
      AND YOU CANNOT GET THROUGH. PLEASE SEE THE DIRECTIONS BELOW TO AVOID THIS
      DETOUR AND TO SAVE YOU TIME. DO NOT GO THAT WAY UNLESS YOU ARE VERY
      FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA.

      Directions - The address to the site is: Schnepf Farms, 1200 West Combs
      Road, Queen Creek, Arizona 85242. Schnepf Farms Festival Site is
      approximately 38 miles southeast of Phoenix. The closest airport is Phoenix
      Sky Harbor. We do not have a regular shuttle service from the airport to the
      site.
      >From the WEST and NORTH: Take I-10 East to US-60 (Superstition Freeway).
      Turn left (east) on US-60 and travel to the Ellsworth Exit. Turn right
      (south) on Ellsworth and travel south to Rittenhouse Road. Turn left
      (southeast) on Rittenhouse Road and travel southeast to Riggs Road. Turn
      left (east) on Riggs Road and follow the signs to the Site Entrance.
      >From the EAST: Take US-60 West to the Ellsworth Exit. Turn left (south) on
      Ellsworth and travel south to Rittenhouse Road. Turn left (southeast) on
      Rittenhouse Road and travel Southeast to Riggs Road. Turn left (east) on
      Riggs Road and follow the signs to the Site Entrance.
      >From the SOUTH: Take I-10 North to US-60. Turn right (east) on US-60 and
      travel east. Take US-60 east to the Ellsworth Exit. Turn right (south) on
      Ellsworth and travel south to Rittenhouse Road. Turn left (southeast) on
      Rittenhouse Road and travel southeast to Riggs Road. Turn left (east) on
      Riggs Road and follow the signs to the Site Entrance.

      In service.

      Raffaelle

      eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
      Click here for more details