Estrella17 Youth Melee Announcement

  • Master Raffaelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2001
      Pray heed words from the Childrens Autocrat for Estrella 17, regarding Youth
      Fighting Activities!

      Master Raffaelle
      Estrella17 Publication and Promotion Coordinator

      Brought to you by the staff of the Estrella War Children's Center, we invite
      one and all to enjoy a full schedule of youth fighting activities at
      Estrella War!!! Other youth tournaments may be arranged during our normal
      hours of operation at the Children's Center, this is only what we have
      confirmed thus far.

      NOTE: The rules and regulations we will abide by at this event follow the
      schedule, be sure to read and understand them. These activities will
      require parent/legal guardian supervision.

      Offered in humble service, I am

      Lady Sorcha ni Dhonnghaile
      Estrella War Children's Steward
      wren@...
      (480) 844-3882 (home, before 9:00 pm)

      Schedule of Events:

      Friday - February 15th - Bear Pit Tourney
      Sponsored by Lord Maximillian Utz VonWolfen - bpu@...
      List opens at 5:00 pm at the Children's Center Tournament Field
      A prize tournament for the youth of the Kingdoms to be of mixed
      weapons fighting style (no thrust tips permitted). Tournament list will
      be divided into 2 age groups, 6-9 and 10-14 with prizes for both
      classes.

      Saturday - February 16th - Youth Boffer Melee
      Sponsored by Lord Kuma - Okikuma@...
      Field opens at 2:00 pm at the main Rapier Field
      Melee scenarios beginning at 2:00 pm sharp (not SCA time). Any person
      under the age of 18 may participate in the Youth Boffer Melees. No
      experience is necessary and we will have plenty of loaner armor for you
      to use. I look forward to some great melees and meeting you all on the
      battlefield. We hope to host up to 40 youths on the field at any given
      time so any adults who can help will be greatly appreciated. If you have
      any questions please contact me at the Brotherhood of the Blade/Corvis
      encampment starting Thursday evening.

      Sunday - February 17th - Estrella War Youth Boffer Prize Tourney
      Sponsored by Lord Gregoire le Gris - lordgregoire@...
      List opens at 1:00 pm at the Children's Center Tournament Field
      A prize tournament for the youth of the Kingdoms to be of sword and
      shield fighting style (no thrust tips permitted). Entrants will be split
      into two age groups, 6-9 and 10-14 with prizes for both age groups.
      Offered by the Shire of WinDale.

      Rules and Regulations:

      What you must have:
      1. Closed toed shoes, closed toed shoes, and closed toed shoes. No
      steel toed boots.
      2. A parent/legal guardian must be present during the entire time
      period that the youth is on the field. (No exceptions)

      What we can provide or you may bring:
      3. Armor: Helmet - minimum full street hockey helm which must cover
      the entire face and skull (including the back of the head). No leather
      or metal SCA helms are allowed. Aluminum helms are acceptable. Gorget
      or neck protection. Groin protection - either troy or athletic cup.
      Elbow and knee pads.
      4. Types of boffers allowed are: short swords, swords, two handed
      swords, and glaves. Since most of the armor will be borrowed under no
      exceptions will mass weapons, i.e., axes, or spears be allowed on the
      field.
      5. Armor is loaned out on a first come basis.
      6. Melee Scenario Age Divisions:
      6 and under:
      7-9 : If you want your 6 year old to move up you may.
      10 and up.
      (If you have 100% of your own equipment you may participate
      through all the groups with some limitations.)
      7. Since most helms will be borrowed there will be no thrusting
      allowed due to safety concerns.