Estrella 17 Children's Center Wall-A Final Request

  • Master Raffaelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2000
      Good Gentles, please send any responses to the contact information listed

      Greetings to all and sundry, from the Estrella War XVII Children�s

      This will be my final plea to beg a boon from as many Kingdoms,
      Baronies, Cantons, Shires, and others who will be participating in the
      2001 Estrella War festivities, especially those that are supportive of
      youth issues. Next year the Children�s Center will be bigger and better
      than ever, and is planning attendance, over four days, to be well over 300.

      With such a large expectation, I�d like to do something a little
      different and actually surround the Children�s Center Complex with a
      physical barrier to delineate our space, and draw attention to our

      This being said, I need to construct a perimeter �fence� of sorts which can
      be made, hauled, set-up, and used again, while keeping my small allocation
      of funds in check. Further, the size of the Estrella War Children�s Center
      is approximately 8000 square feet, so this is also a factor in my plans.

      What I propose to do is ask anyone who can make a commitment of
      procuring 10 foot long by 35 inch high light weight material, such as
      muslin, and decorate it in any way that is pleasing to the group, to be
      donated to my office before January 15, 2001. The idea here is to get as
      many groups who can accomplish such a task to involve the youth in their
      area in the designing and decorating of their piece of the wall.
      When completed, I hope it will be something akin to a glorious tapestry.

      Some suggested designs could include the following:

      Latin phrases, mythological creatures, medieval themed scenes, heraldic
      devices, etc. . .

      If you feel you, and the members in your groups, can make such a
      commitment, please contact me before December 15, 2000 to discuss the

      Offered in humble service, I am,

      Lady Sorcha ni Dhonnghaile
      Atenveldt Kingdom Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences for Youth Issues
      Estrella War Children�s Steward
      480) 844-3882 � Home (before 9:00 pm)
      wren@... � E-mail

      Visit the Estrella War Website at www.estrellawar.net for more
      information regarding the activities that will be offered