Estrella 17 Children's Center needs a Wall!

  • Master Raffaelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2000
      Good Gentles,

      words from the Estrella 17 Children's Steward. I am including the complete
      text, as to try and write a small discriptive blurb of the gist of the
      message would have ended up longer than the article.

      I thank thee for thy patience in this Matter,

      Raffaelle
      __________________________

      For Immediate Release: Feel free to crosspost!

      Greetings to all and sundry, from the Estrella War XVII Children's
      Steward!

      I wish to beg a boon from as many Kingdoms, Baronies, Cantons, Shires,
      and others who will be participating in the 2001 Estrella War
      festivities, especially those that are supportive of youth issues. Next
      year the Children's Center will be bigger and better than ever, and is
      planning attendance, over four days, to be well over 300.

      With such a large expectation, I'd like to do something a little
      different and actually surround the Children's Center Complex with a
      physical barrier to delineate our space, and draw attention to our
      activities.

      This being said, I need to construct a perimeter "fence" of sorts which can
      be made, hauled, set-up, and used again, while keeping my small allocation
      of funds in check. Further, the size of the Estrella War Children's Center
      is approximately 8000 square feet, so this is also a factor in my plans.

      What I propose to do is ask anyone who can make a commitment of
      procuring 10 feet of 35 inch wide light weight material, such as muslin, and
      decorate it in any way that is pleasing to the group, to be donated to my
      office before January 15, 2001. The idea here is to get as many groups who
      can accomplish such a task to involve the youth in their area in the
      designing and decorating of their piece of the wall. When completed, I hope
      it will be something akin to a glorious Bayeaux Tapestry.

      Some suggested designs could include the following:

      Latin phrases, mythological creatures, medieval themed scenes, heraldic
      devices, children's handprints etc. . .

      If you feel you, and/or the members in your groups, can make such a
      commitment, please contact me before October 31, 2000 to discuss the
      details.

      Offered in humble service, I am,

      Lady Sorcha ni Dhonnghaile
      Atenveldt Kingdom Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences for Youth Issues
      Estrella War Children's Steward
      wren@...
      480) 844-3882 - Home (before 9:00 pm)

      Visit the Estrella War Website at www.estrellawar.org for more
      information regarding the activities that will be offered.

      http://profiles.msn.com