Important Youth Policies for War

  • Giliana Spencer de Windermere
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2004
      --- Katherine Richardson <mattkatie@...>
      wrote:

      Greetings Unto the Parents of the Knowne World!

      We wish you to know that you and your families are
      welcome to attend Estrella War XXI, and that the
      Kingdom of Atenveldt is doing everything we can to
      ensure a safe, family atmosphere for everyone who
      attends. Please come and enjoy the war, and bring your
      children!

      As you make plans to attend, please understand that
      the Kingdom of Atenveldt feels parents and temporary
      guardians hold first responsibility for the care of
      minors who attend Estrella War XXI with them, and they
      hold primary responsibility for the behavior of those
      minor children at the event.

      Before attending Estrella War XXI, we ask that you
      (and the temporary guardian you appoint for your
      children) review the site rules for the event

      http://www.estrellawar.org/youth.html

      and the youth policies explained in the below links.
      We then ask that you all sit down with the minors in
      your care and make sure that everyone understands (1)
      the standards of behavior expected at an SCA event,
      and (2) the consequences that the SCA will impose on
      the parent/temporary guardian and the minor if the
      minors misbehave.

      Also, please be aware that Estrella Mountain Park is
      located within the city limits of Goodyear, and the
      city has Curfew Hours for Minors that the SCA will
      follow at Estrella War XXI. This means:

      a. Minors 16 and under must be in their own camp or
      escorted by an adult after 10 PM.
      b. Teens 16 to 18 years old must be in their own camp
      or escorted by an adult after 12 midnight.

      The Kingdom of Atenveldt is working hard to make
      Estrella War XXI a safe, recreational atmosphere for
      all members of the SCA family. We hope parents and
      their children continue to participate in SCA
      activities for many years to come.

      Duchess Katerina O'Callaghan
      Atenveldt Kingdom Seneschal

      LINKS:
      Kingdom of Atenveldt Policy for Addressing
      Transgressions by Minors at SCA Events

      http://www.atenveldt.com/Portals/0/a_YouthTransgressionsAtEvents_100404.pdf

      Kingdom Youth Activities Guidelines for Local SCA
      Groups

      http://www.atenveldt.com/Portals/0/a_Aten_MOC_Guidelines_122403.pdf

      Atenveldt Armor, Weapon and Guidelines for Youth
      Combat

      http://www.atenveldt.com/Portals/0/a_YouthCombatStandardsJuly2004Final.pdf

      INFORMATION:
      Questions about the Children's Center Complex:
      Lady Elizabeth ingen Iames,
      elizabethiames@...

      Questions about Youth Policies at Estrella War XXI:
      Lady Maria Isabel Falcon de la Sierra, Atenveldt
      Kingdom Minister of Youth,
      brennabe@...

      Questions about Youth Combat at Estrella War XXI:
      Lord Faelan MacCuinneagain, Kingdom Minister of
      Youth Combat,
      steelwarrior@...

      http://vote.yahoo.com