Estrella Security Needed!

  • Giliana Spencer de Windermere
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2004
      PARA BELLUM! PARA VOLUNTEERUM!

      Estrella War XXI is only six months away! As always,
      this event for 6,000 plus participants requires a
      staff of volunteers to provide facilities,
      organization and relatively safe environs.

      I'm recruiting volunteers for various roles for
      security. I need staff for roving patrols, traffic
      control, security point and communications. We need
      people to cover these positions 24 hr a-day from
      Monday, Feb 14th through Monday morning the 21st.

      VERY IMPORTANT NOTE! ANYONE WHO WILL BE DRIVING A
      CART FOR ANY PURPOSE:
      - MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD
      - MUST SHOW A CURRENT VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
      - MUST SHOW PROOF OF AUTO INSURANCE AT THE WAR!
      This a requirement of the SCA's insurance carrier and
      is NOT negotiable.

      EARLY ARRIVAL: For those willing to work for
      security Wednesday and Thursday, you and your
      immediate family, would be permitted on site Tuesday
      before the war opens to set up your personal tents and
      equipment only. Setting up full camps, without
      specific permission from the autocrats, is prohibited
      prior to the war opens Wednesday morning.

      We had an excellent early arrival crew last year, and
      I hope many of you will join us again. But we need
      more volunteers!

      For this privilege, we need your promise to volunteer
      a minimum of two 4-hour blocks for security. Shifts
      will be assigned starting on midnight Tuesday.

      To be approved for early arrival you MUST:
      1) Submit your request via e-mail to Baron Gunnar von
      Jomsborg, War Security Chief. Please include your SCA
      name, modern name and contact information. (His
      e-mail address is below)

      2) After you are approved for early-arrival by
      security; you MUST PRE-REGISTER for the war by
      NOVEMBER 30th. This includes any members of your
      family traveling with you.

      We have only a certain number of positions for early
      arrival crew so please contact us as soon as you can!

      Please call or write with any questions or comments.

      Regards,

      Yehudah of Nuremberg,
      High Sheriff of Atenveldt
      sheriff@...