Merchant Security Clarification

  • Lady Sorcha ni Dhonnghaile
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2003
      It has come to our attention that a number of merchants are confused
      about the new requirement for merchants to assist with security on
      Merchant's Row. This requirement has been instituted because several
      merchants complained that there was not enough security on merchant's
      row last year.

      Since the Estrella War Staff barely had enough security to cover the
      site last year, we are requiring each merchant booth to supply a
      minimum of 2 hours of roving security on merchant's row during the
      war.

      We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is
      implemented with each merchant's best interests in mind. Please bear
      in mind that the two hours does not need to be completed by the
      merchants themselves. There are a number of ways to get the credit
      for your 2 hours.

      You may have someone else that works in the booth with you do the
      security. You may hire or "bribe" someone to do the security for your
      booth. You may complete the hours yourself.

      We have had several good gentles offer to make themselves available
      to do security for merchants in exchange for merchandise or food.
      Barter is a wonderful thing.

      The representative for your booth will need to report to Security
      Point and sign in for their shift. And when their shift is done,
      they will need to sign out. This way, we know each merchant will
      receive the proper credit for completing their shift requirements.

      Thank you all for your understanding in this matter and if you have
      any further questions, please contact either Lady Damaris or Lord
      Ragnar.

      Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to working with
      you at War.

      Lady Damaris and Lord Ragnar
      Merchant Autocrats, Estrella War XX
      merchant@...