Seeking Volunteers

  • Lady Sorcha ni Dhonnghaile <lady_sorcha@
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2002
      Every event, no matter what its size, depends upon the assistance of
      many, many people to make it work. Last year it took almost 6000
      hours and 700 volunteers to make Estrella XVIII a success!

      This year is no different, and we really need your help. If everyone
      pitches in by volunteering at least 4 hours of their time at the War,
      more people will have a chance to enjoy all the fighting, shopping,
      dancing and other great activities that Estrella has to offer!

      There are many exciting places to volunteer at this year:

      Archery Range
      Arts and Sciences Competition
      A&S Classes
      Children's Center Complex
      Chirurgeonate
      Gate Security
      Heralds Point
      Parking Lot
      Period Demo Center
      Privy Post
      Shuttle Service
      Site and Merchant Security
      Troll
      Waterbearing

      AND MUCH MORE!

      Our shifts begin as early as 8:00 am on Wednesday, February 12th. We
      humbly request those who have pre-registered to consider volunteering
      as early as possible on that date.

      Please contact our pre-war volunteer registrar, m'lady Hallbjorg at
      hallbjorg.the.ruthless@..., if you would like to pre-register for
      any shifts! She can also send you our pre-war volunteer position
      guide, so that you can see what positions are available.

      Don't forget, every year the Volunteer Raffle is one of the highlights
      for those who donate their time at the War. Many great items are
      provided by the Estrella War merchants, and others, to help recognize
      the hard work done by our volunteers. Your participation guarantees an
      opportunity to win prizes from Armor to Zills and all things in between.

      Further, it is the policy of Estrella War to distribute revenue
      from volunteer hours donated in the name of your barony, kingdom,
      canton, shire, or favorite office.

      If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me
      at volunteer@..., I'm here to help. NOTE: pre-war set-up
      crews have been allocated, and there is no way we can get anyone on
      site early, please refrain from sending us those inquiries.

      In service, I am

      Lady Sorcha ni Dhonnghaile
      Estrella War XIX Volunteer Coordinator