207Estrella War - Volunteer information online

  • Anita Challis
    Jan 19, 2005
      Full information available at http://www.estrellawar.org/volunteers.html

      One of the things that makes Estrella War so successful is the number of
      people who are willing to sacrifice several hours during their vacation to
      do volunteer service in the many venues needed to make the war run. To all
      of you planning on attending, please volunteer for at least a two hour shift
      during this war, this way each of us can spend more time enjoying the
      activities and classes.

      Contact our Volunteer co-ordinator Lady Morwenna teg Caernarvon
      terri_m_85224@... to offer your time - if you have a specific
      timetable or favorite department, let her know. Security is our crucial
      area. We are always looking to fill the shifts between midnight and 8 am.
      Troll is another crucial place needing staff to move people quickly through
      the check-in process. Saturday morning at 8 am is a key shift to fill.

      We work every year to improve the volunteer process to make it as simple as
      we can, so this year there is a volunteer hour log form online at
      http://www.estrellawar.org/files/volunteerhoursform.pdf. This allows you to
      fill out your personal information before war, turn the form in to the
      Volunteer staff to record your hours, and eliminates the need to complete
      the form at Volunteer Point, when all you want to do is redeem your hours
      for raffle tickets and get on to other things.

      If you are attending as a group perhaps your group could volunteer to man a
      venue for 8 to 12 hours in pairs .
      - For example, your group could take the 8 pm - 8 am security shift for
      one night.
      - Challenge another group to outdo your volunteer time. Not only is the
      challenge fun, your SCA group will earn monies for the time worked.
      - Estrella War holds the Volunteer Banner competition. The current
      holder is Barony of Atenveldt.