    Subject: [Eshelman] RE: ASC grille
    To: Eshelman@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 6:25 AM

    I recently bought a 54 - 55
    CSC that I am restoring with my son for me and my
    This is just like the one
    our family had when I was a kid.
    I would be extremely
    interested in a CSC grill if you would be willing to have
    one made.
    I could also use a brake
    pedal and a couple of brake shoes.
    We could fabricate the
    brake parts without too much
    trouble, but I would like to keep this as original as
    Any help or guidance would
    be appreciated.
    Best regards,
    eshelman@yahoogroups.com, <lofinjos@...> wrote:

    I too have a 56 ASC with a decent grill. If you are

    interested I can take it out and send it to a foundry that
    can recast one for you. I have done this in the past for
    another club member with the grill out of my CSC. I will
    just charge the actual cost if you are interested. With my
    shipping the grill to and from the foundry, casting costs
    and then shipping it you would be around $100. I think there
    should be some photos of the recast grill for the CSC in one
    of the clubs albums. If you are interested let me

    --- On Sun, 2/17/13, frank351c

    From: frank351c <charles.franklin@...>
    Subject: [Eshelman] ASC grille
    To: Eshelman@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 7:59 PM

    My 56 ASC is missing the grille. I will be making one
    from 1/2" aluminum plate. The original grille had a
    tooth missing so you could add or check engine oil. The car
    was purchased with no engine and will be fitted with a
    vanguard v-twin so the missing tooth is unnecessary. Would
    it be blasphemy to add a tooth where the original was
    missing at the bottom? Would like opinions from the experts.
  • Show all 5 messages in this topic