16411955 ASC

  • John Zink
    Sep 18, 2013

      My memory of things 50+ years ago is lousy (almost as bad as my memory of things from last week) but I seem to recall that my 1955 ASC originally had brakes on all four wheels.  The car now has only front brakes.

      The car left the family for a few years in the late 50s and early 60s, and went to a friend whose son was about the right age to enjoy the car.  When the car came back to my family, it had undergone considerable modification (mostly considerable improvement), so I was wondering if the rear brakes might have been removed, then.  Or did it never have rear brakes, and I am hallucinating, again?  Inquiring minds want to know.

      Thanks.

      John Zink

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic