Re: Truth Be Told

  • unmaskedinsanantone
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
      Ken,
      I have started looking at it from a Romans 14 perspective which is if
      someone thinks something is wrong, then for THEM it is wrong. For me
      it would be wrong, for you I can't speak and I don't judge you. I
      think it all comes down to the motive of the heart, and I do believe
      you truly want people to escape the bondage of a controlling religion
      that has and is causing untold mental and spiritual damage to
      precious souls.

      You said this in a post on Naboth's site:

      "The truth about your little fellowship is
      still the truth no matter what internet name it is typed under. That
      is what you are missing."

      I have to admit that this is true. Have a great day, and good
      weekend. I hope you like the song.......

      While my guitar gently weeps
      George Harrison
      I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
      While my guitar gently weeps
      I look at the floor and I see it need sweeping
      Still my guitar gently weeps

      I don't know why nobody told you
      how to unfold you love
      I don't know how someone controlled you
      they bought and sold you

      I look at the world and I notice it's turning
      While my guitar gently weeps
      With every mistake we must surely be learning
      Still my guitar gently weeps

      I don't know how you were diverted
      you were perverted too
      I don't know how you were inverted
      no one alerted you

      I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
      While my guitar gently weeps
      I look at you all
      Still my guitar gently weeps

      --- In
      Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, "escape_from_the_fellowshi

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
        [Ken,
        I have started looking at it from a Romans 14 perspective which is if
        someone thinks something is wrong, then for THEM it is wrong. For me
        it would be wrong, for you I can't speak and I don't judge you. I
        think it all comes down to the motive of the heart, and I do believe
        you truly want people to escape the bondage of a controlling religion
        that has and is causing untold mental and spiritual damage to
        precious souls.

        You said this in a post on Naboth's site:

        "The truth about your little fellowship is
        still the truth no matter what internet name it is typed under. That
        is what you are missing."

        I have to admit that this is true. Have a great day, and good
        weekend. I hope you like the song.......

        While my guitar gently weeps
        George Harrison.....]

        Thanks, Nancy. I had a bunch of other spoof posts I was going to
        do, but it also says in Romans 14 not to deliberately do things in
        front of brothers or sisters who get upset about it. If it freaks
        someone out to see you drink wine you are not supposed to say, "Oh
        come on, have some." It may be a real problem for them. So I
        decided to put the cards on the table as far as all that nonsense
        about me being the Slammos and a host of others who I was not. I do
        a couple of fellowship immitations and the next thing I know I am
        being accused of being all these other people. I thought it was
        funny, myself, and enjoyed the ride, but I even got an email warning
        me that I was an intruder on my own site. Someone else wrote me and
        told me that if I was indeed Mrs Slam that I did an excellent job.
        Sorry. I am just not that in touch with my feminine side.

        I have been playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps since it came out
        on the White Album. Did you know there is another verse? The demo
        of George Harrison playing it on the Beatles anthology by himself on
        an accoustic guitar has another verse.

        I look from the wings at the play you are staging
        While my guitar gently weeps
        As I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging
        Still my guitar gently weeps

        Have a good long weekend, Nancy.
      • unmaskedinsanantone
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
          Ah yes,
          the old stumbling another person part of Romans 14.
          I actually forgot about that!
          As for me, I don't think it stumbled me,
          but rather made me paranoid because I didn't know if who I was
          talking to was actually who I thought I was talking to, if
          you get my drift.
          By the way, I really like the extra verse to the song. I can
          relate, especially to the aging -
          I'm not going down without a fight though. :)

          --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
            [As for me, I don't think it stumbled me, but rather made me paranoid
            because I didn't know if who I was talking to was actually who I
            thought I was talking to, if you get my drift.]

            Nancy being paranoid is unacceptable.

            I skipped the post I was going to do on how I constructed the Mrs.
            Slam character. Of course, it would have been a ficticious account,
            but I guess I am just too darn convincing.

            And for the record, I am not I_am_not_ken_haining.
          • unmaskedinsanantone
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
              Its okay dude.
              Post what you were going to!
              Please don't let me, or my FORMER paranoia
              stop you.
              I understand that it was all
              in jest,
              so don't let me
              stop you.
              We could all use a good laugh
              believe me
              today I need a good laugh.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
                [Its okay dude.
                Post what you were going to!
                Please don't let me, or my FORMER paranoia
                stop you.
                I understand that it was all
                in jest,
                so don't let me
                stop you.
                We could all use a good laugh
                believe me
                today I need a good laugh.]

                Since I have already stated that I am not the Slammos, male or female,
                it wouldn't have the same effect. Perhaps I can come up with
                something else humorous to post today.
              • unmaskedinsanantone
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
                  "Perhaps I can come up with
                  something else humorous to post today."

                  I'll be on the lookout for it.
                  Laughter is medicine for the soul, and
                  today I need it.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
                    ["Perhaps I can come up with
                    something else humorous to post today."

                    I'll be on the lookout for it.
                    Laughter is medicine for the soul, and
                    today I need it.]

                    Sorry, Nancy, but I just can't seem to get in a humorous mode today.
                    I will try to come up with something to make you chuckle in the next
                    few days. Or we could get Naboth to do some leadership immitations.

                    In any event, have a good long weekend.