Perverted twist of scripture? hmmm...

  • norm1802
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007

      Actually, no he didn't say if he was still in the fellowship.  My first thought was maybe he wasn't since he remarried and wondered if that didn't set well with his church.  My understanding of the bible is that one may not divorce his wife and marry another whilst she still lives.  Perhaps the fellowship might incorporate King Henry VIII's solution to that problem and simply have their wives beheaded!  If my Door friend would have not left the Catholic Church in the first place, he may have been able to obtain an annulment and still be in good standing with the Church and free to marry again.  Even according to CFM, is he not already living a sinful life in his marriage to this second woman, and even more-so that he is causing his second wife to live an adulterous life and keeping her from obtaining salvation?  Or does the fellowship have their own version of an annulment?  It's easy to tell others how they should live their lives but a tad bit more difficult to live up to their own words.  How the mighty have fallen (squeak, squeak)! "mouse sounds".

      > The second time you called, did your friend mention whether or not he
      > was still in the fellowship? The coldness with which he responded to
      > you is another long term effect of being in that group, and the weird
      > thing is that they will state that they have "a burden for souls." The
      > word soul simply means person. They have these concepts of loving
      > people, and wanting to see them "saved," but they have no real love for
      > people at all. They treat others with contempt, to say the least. It
      > is amusing that he had to explain the female voice to you. He wouldn't
      > want you to think he was a sinner, now, would he?
      >
      > Should be interesting when you call him again.

      This will be the first place to know.  God Bless

      > Shalom

    • zarathustra8_28
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007

        --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > [About 3 years ago I called one of my door friends just to say hi and
        > how are you doing, he shared with me some of his ups and downs that he
        > got married and then later divorced because "his wife didn't want to
        > live for God", (whatever that was suppose to mean). Then of course he
        > bantered on that I needed to get "saved..." and that there was a reason
        > that I called. I called him again a couple of years later and a woman
        > answered the phone and I asked if my friend was home and he was. He was
        > a lot less warmer sounding asking how I got his number, (directory
        > assistance is pretty easy to use, especially when your number is listed)
        > and what I wanted, I said that I just wanted to say hello and how you
        > doing. He replied, well you said it. I said so you don't want to talk?
        > No, he said. But I guess he had to explain the female voice who answered
        > the phone, that he had re-married and started a family. I suppose I
        > might call one more time in the future just for the sake of "love thy
        > neighbor".]
        >

        > When you are in the fellowship, they condition you to the point that you
        > can't relate to people like a normal human being. If an "unsaved"
        > friend from the past calls, you are programmed to solicit that person to
        > get "saved," which really means to join Waymanland. If you are not open
        > to being recruited, they tend to have no interest in you or your
        > friendship. The fellowship of Wayman O. thus causes people to become
        > very shallow indeed.
        >
        > What did he mean by his wife "didn't want to live for God"? Probably
        > that she objected to the fellowship's cultish ways. That's all it takes
        > to give an excuse for a divorce in that group. You have to understand,
        > the position of fellowship leaders is that they would rather break up a
        > marriage and a family and keep one of the spouses, and possibley the
        > children, then let a family leave in peace. Wicked.

        I have a friend who left the Potty House with his wife and two young (pre school age) children, and sure enough the cult went to work on his wife seeking to get her back into the fold. Not only would they encourage divorce in this demented cult, but they would, I believe, firmly rejoice in splitting up a family and destroying the life of the one that left. Fortunately for my friend, his wife was as eager to be free of Pope Wayman's breed of demented sickness as he was, so the family stayed together.  I KNOW there are people still in Wayman's World that read this stuff, including people in my old church, and I cannot say this strongly enough. GET OUT OF THIS CULT NOW!!!!!!!!! This cult demands you to become loveless, brutal, heartless and cruel... GET OUT!!!

        This is not related to the above, but needs to be said. I have noticed that some members of Potty House will speak to me if they think the PUStor wont know about it, but if they see me down the street when on their 'out-reach', they will pointedly snub me. I have been thinking about this and it says a lot about who the God of Potty House is. What I mean is, if it is rebellion to speak to me, and rebellion is wrong, then, they should shun me all the time, not only when the PUStor might find out. It seems that these people fear the PUStor far more than they fear God. It is like they think that they can do anything if the PUStor is not around, and, somehow, the omnipotent, omniscient God of the Bible won't know about it. Madness...

        > The second time you called, did your friend mention whether or not he
        > was still in the fellowship? The coldness with which he responded to
        > you is another long term effect of being in that group, and the weird
        > thing is that they will state that they have "a burden for souls." The
        > word soul simply means person. They have these concepts of loving
        > people, and wanting to see them "saved," but they have no real love for
        > people at all. They treat others with contempt, to say the least. It
        > is amusing that he had to explain the female voice to you. He wouldn't
        > want you to think he was a sinner, now, would he?
        >
        > Should be interesting when you call him again.
        >
        > Shalom

      • aussiesaint87
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 7, 2009
          Hi all,

          I've been lurking the last couple of days. I used to post occasionally
          a looong time ago on slam the door then kinda faded away as life went on.

          Thought I'd drop in and say hello again :)

          Aussie Saint
        • its_just_me_nancy
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 8, 2009

            Greetings from Texas!

            Nancy

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 8, 2009
              [Hi all,

              I've been lurking the last couple of days. I used to post occasionally
              a looong time ago on slam the door then kinda faded away as life went on.

              Thought I'd drop in and say hello again :)

              Aussie Saint]

              Hi Aussie Saint.

              I do remember the name from Slam the Door.

              Things are pretty quiet here right now as a massive discussion is going on over on Cracked Pots message board about the situation with the Perth church, Dave Vicary, and the Australian branch of Waymanland.

              If you want to check it out the address is

              There is no moderator, so there are some remarks made by current members, particularly one, named Nick.  Feel free to post here about your current situation, and how you have fared in the years after you left the Potter's House.  Thanks for stopping by.

            • aliciagotsaved
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 13, 2009
                I am a recent deserter of cfm the door-fort worth. I'm so glad to hear of others who haven't "lost eveerything". I'm now learning to adjust to new life. did any of you feel that waking up out of a cloud feeling?
              • potkonyak
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 13, 2009
                  aliciagotsaved wrote:

                  [I am a recent deserter of cfm the door-fort worth. I'm so glad to hear of others who haven't "lost eveerything". I'm now learning to adjust to new life. did any of you feel that waking up out of a cloud feeling?]

                  Welcome to the real world, Alicia! 15 years down the road I still have that feeling. But don't worry; I am a special case.

                  If I may suggest read my reply to "nuendones", it may help you too.

                  shalom
                  george
                • its_just_me_nancy
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 4 11:31 AM

                    Just stopped by to say hello ..... been gone for a while.... you know, running naked through the fields and all that good stuff....;)

                    yall be good now, okay....

                    shalom, Nancy

                  • michael_230230
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 21, 2013
                      Hi Ken,

                      My name is Michael and I was a part of the Tempe Door church for 10 years from 2001-2011. My Pastor was Mark Aulson. I was in it from age 13-23. My mom and my brother and my sister all currently attend. My brother is actually in the Clovis, New Mexico church pioneered by Mark Aulson's brother, Peter Aulson. My brother pioneered in Albuquerque, New Mexico for a couple of years before being sent back to his home church for "redirection". I just found this group within the last month and I've been reading a lot of the posts. I was wondering if I could just email you a little bit before I actually start posting on the message board? Because I've only been gone a couple of years I'm still a little disoriented about the whole thing and it's extremely hard to be able to relate to my family. Maybe I could bounce some things off you. Anyways, thanks a lot for having this message board. It really helped to see how many people could relate to what I had gone through.

                      -Michael
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 21, 2013
                        [Hi Ken,

[...]

                        You can email me at kenno322@...

                        Ken

                      • Heidi Shepherd
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 22, 2013

                          Welcome to the group Michael. I was fortunate that i have no family at the church now. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. My ex was at the church for 7 months after i left and it wasn't a fun experience.