Re: Two Foundations of Financial Violation

  • budobhag
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
      What you say is sooooo correct. There is a legal loophole where you
      are in the States requiring such information for the IRS but again
      as you say, they find ways to circumnavigate those laws.
      As I've posted here previously, there is no requirement. It's open
      slather, tax free money. They are required to give an account of
      income and expenditure to the Members at the Annual General Meeting
      but that has only been done once in the history of the fellowship
      here in Oz.
      I'd love to see the response if all the members suddenly grew balls
      and demanded and account of such funds. Better still, just refuse to
      tithe completely. Wouldn't the shit hit the fan.
      So much for the Christ like virtues they promote. What a bunch of
      crooks.

      Regards...

      --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > There are two basic violations of finances in the fellowship. All
      the
      > other violations flow out of these two.
      >
      > The first is threatening people with loss of salvation for failing
      > tithe and give offerings besides. They lure people in with the
      promise
      > of a free salvation, bought and paid for by the blood of Jesus
      Christ,
> [...]
      > even take away their salvation. They are one tithe away from
      hell, and
      > damned for sure if they fall short of the pledges the pastor
      manipulated
      > them into. It is a dirty, little con game they are running.
      >
      > The second foundation of financial violation is lack of honest and
      > complete accountability. Simple record keeping makes it easy to
      give a
      > full and honest account of money taken in and money spent. One tax
      > lawyer, who specifically serviced churches, told me that the
      pastor and
      > his wife should never touch the offering. The offering should be
      > counted by a group of men and women in the church and they should
      take
      > care of depositing it in the bank. A church officer should write
      out
      > the pastor's pay, and any other compensation he receieves. All
      petty
      > cash flow that the pastor uses should be documented with receipts,
      and
      > he should only receive that cash from a church officer who makes a
      > record of it.
      >
      > What I just wrote is completely foreign to the fellowship in
      almost all
      > their churches. They do what they want with the money and once it
      goes
      > in the offering it is under their complete control. Try telling
      the
      > pastor say, of the Tucson church, that his wife should not be
      allowed to
      > touch the offering. See what kind of response you get.
      >
      > Anyone in the church who gives money should have access to a
      complete
      > and detailed record of how much money comes in and exactly what it
      is
      > spent on. And they should have that on a monthly basis. The fact
      that
      > this is not the case, and that any suggestion along these lines is
      met
      > with hostility, smacks of severe dishonesty.
      >
      > All compensation to the pastor should be a known fact to the
      > congregation. Everything the church pays for that directly
      benefits the
      > pastor should be known. If he gets a car allowance, a house
      allowance,
      > a food allowance, an entertainment allowance, an insurance
      allowance, or
      > anything else besides his weekly salary, that should be known, and
      the
      > amounts should be known.
      >
      > How much money he takes in for specific offerings should also be
      known.
      > How that money is spent should be known. Take the infamous
      offering to
      > send Lee and Connie Stubbs to France. When the Stubbs decided to
      leave
      > the fellowship, that money needed to be accounted for.
      Considering that