Statement of Faith that the PH believed in.

  • Gerttie_98
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15 8:46 PM
      Hi.

      The beliefs that PH beileved in were absurd. They believed that
      they had the remedy of what it took to get to Heaven. They also
      talked about other religons, besides one, in which they agreed that
      this one reminded them of their own faith. I witnessed and
      witnessed, almost got a ticket for witnessing in a mall, got into
      debates with civilians, pleaded with my family and friends to come
      to PH, because they would be saved and make Heaven their home. Two
      people I knew died and I actually tried to get them to come to PH,
      but they never came I cried and cried because I believed that their
      soul was lost to Hell, pleading why.

      Although, I witnessed concerning others religions, I can honestly
      say that I didn't know exactly what our beliefs were at PH. I want
      to know if anyone knows the exact statement of faith or the closest
      thing to it?

      (Yashava)- Jesus please guide us

      Shalom.
    • George Potkonyak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 16 1:23 AM
        Gerttie_98 writes:

        [Although, I witnessed concerning others religions, I can honestly say that
        I didn't know exactly what our beliefs were at PH. I want to know if
        anyone knows the exact statement of faith or the closest thing to it?]

        Mitchell subscribes to the Branham's "Oneness" doctrine, however, he never
        mentioned it. You all must have noticed the absence of "Trinity" mentione
        in the PH preaching. The reason is that Mitch was too afraid claiming the
        "Oneness"doctrine, lest he be accused of being a cult.

        What he did instead is that he replaced the mainstream doctrine of
        "Trinity" with his own brand of "trinity", which is....

        "Money, Money and Money".

        shalom,
        george
      • woodenshoes_nl
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16 3:35 AM
          Or me, myself and I.

          Greetings from Holland.

          --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, "George Potkonyak"

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16 6:21 AM

            [Although, I witnessed concerning others religions, I can honestly
            say that I didn't know exactly what our beliefs were at PH. I want
            to know if anyone knows the exact statement of faith or the closest
            thing to it?]

            Their official statement of faith was simply a rip off of Foursquare's.  It isn't really all of what they believe, but it makes them seem legitimate.

            For example, what they really believe in one area is that you are saved by faith in Jesus Christ, but that you are kept saved by being a member in good standing of their group.  In other words, you can only stay saved if you do all that the leadership commands you to do.  Otherwise you are a rebel and no longer "right with God."  You have to come to church all the time, give 10% of your gross income and offerings besides, labor to recruit new people, and praise and honor fellowship leaders and pastors, especially the Littel Big Man in Prescott.  If you don't do these things you lose your salvation, according to their real teachings.

            They will rarely state these things in the manner that I just did, and certainly not a group of those things all at once.  Usually it is put in less direct terms.  As someone pointed out here not long ago, for example, on the issue of tithing they will say something like, "If you are not paying your tithes, then I question your salvation."  What they are really saying is that if you don't pay your tithes you will burn in hell, but it sounds better that way.  It brings a false, accusing "conviction."

            So, the official statement, and what they really teach are not the same. However, Foursquare is Pentecostal and believes that you can lose your salvation if you don't "live right."  The problem is that in groups like the fellowship living right is being a religious slave, in bondage, not to Jesus, but to fellowship leaders, and the leader himself, Wyaman O.  It starts with the idea that you can lose your salvation but it doesn't stop there.  That is why Christian cults violently hate eternal security doctrines.  It completely destroys their power over people once they embrace that doctrine.

            So, often what they say they believe in an official statement, and what they actually believe are two different things.

            Shalom to all you ex members of Waymanland.