Re: Benny Hinn etc...

  • miguel_hayworth
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2006
      The reason why you wont research hinn is because maybe your beleif is
      that they are from "Gods anointed elete group" and they cannot be
      touched then that is also contrary to the word of God because it says
      that thouse who follow christ are anointed men of God their fore arnt
      we all Gods anointed.

      2nd we are taught to exocise judgement to each other acourding to the
      book of Romans and the Book of Jude, "be ye watchmen" what happens
      when a wolf comes in do you left the wolf kill the flock.

      3rd Benny Hinn has and i have got evedence that is confermed by many
      people that his elegence is to Lucifes as is kopeland and many others
      like them.

      4th Benny Hinn believes in the Catholic mass as he has often stated on
      TBN that the essence of the ressurection is in the trasubstanciation.

      5. Benny Hinns crusade with 1500 roman catholic nuns and many catholics.

      6. Benny Hinns many false prophecys.

      The word of God says.

      (Deut. 18:21,22)
      If What a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take
      place or come true, that is a message the lord has not spoken.
      That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

      (2 Cor. 4:3,4.) Their minds are blinded from the truth by the god of
      this age.

      (2 Cor. 2:4.)Putting up with a different gospel or teaching or Christ.

      (:13-15.)Such men are false apostles, deceitful workers.

      (Gal. 1:8,9.)
      If we or an angel from heaven preach another gospel contrary to that
      which we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
      As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching
      a gospel to you than that which you have received, let him be
      accursed.

      4 in the book of John we are told to exocise Judgement

      (1 John.4:1-3.) Test the spirits. Beloved do not believe every
      sprit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because
      many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the
      sprit of God: Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and
      every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is
      the spirit of antichrist, of which you have heard is coming, and now
      it is already in the world.

      You may ask me dosent the bible say knowlege puffs up, its true but
      most forget what Jesus said "My people are destroyed for lack of
      knowledge(Hosea 4:1-6)"

      What he is saying her they hated knowlege infact even despise
      knowledge and understanding, but rather embrace wholeheartedly,
      emotionally-charging statements. Some unscrupulous politician,
      journalist, or chief, etc, makes a statement today, and like as if
      we've all been applied an electrical shock, the entire nation jolts!
      And we jolt instantaneously in response to such statements.

      `Should we react violently or should we resort to dialogue?', `Will
      discussing this issue move our country forward or backward?', `Could
      this issue sow seeds of discord amongst our people for which we would
      surely reap in the future?' we rather resort to the casting of
      insinuations, to using opprobrious epithets against each other.

      Is counsel perished from the prudent? Is their wisdom vanished?
      (Jeremiah 49:7)

      you see God is looking for one good man/woman to take a stand!

      --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2006

        [The reason why you wont research hinn is because maybe your beleif is
        that they are from "Gods anointed elete group" and they cannot be
        touched then that is also contrary to the word of God because it says
        that thouse who follow christ are anointed men of God their fore arnt
        we all Gods anointed.]

        No, I don't buy the "anointed holy man of God" trip at all.  I don't bother to research him because he is of no interest to me.  He is not a cult leader but primarily a TV preacher.  The advantage of men like Hinn is that you can always change the channel.  He is not like Wayman O., who has taught all this stuff about being placed in a specific church by the LORD, and that you have to constantly attend, submit to the pastor as a slave, and give money only to that church.

        In other words, Hinn has more of a take him or leave him attitude.  As far as I can tell he does not claim ownership over "human resources" like the Pope of Prescott.  Hinn does not absorb people's lives for years, or even decades, and then cast them out after he has used them up.  He is, as I said, primarily a TV preacher, and leaving him is as easy as picking up the remote.

        Anyway, I don't want to get off on a Hinn tangent.  If you don't like him, don't listen to him or watch him on TV.

        Shalom

      • George Potkonyak
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2006
          kenhaining777 writes:

          [When you leave something like the fellowship and then find out that what
          they were preaching to you all those years was certainly NOT the Word of
          God, or the Bible, but some twisted religion, it can be quite a shock. For
          example, when you discover what the Bible really says about the grace of
          God as compared to the perverted grace of the fellowship, then you have to
          wonder if you ever believed the Bible at all.]

          How easily we can get conned into �believing in our hearts�. Just look at
          this simple perverted �gospel� that most of christianity, not only the
          Potters House, has adopted: just answer the �altar call� and �confess with
          your mouth�. We get out like mules and �confess� and get congratulated on
          our �decision� and on our �joining the kingdom of God� and on our �getting
          saved�. Apart from the fact that Paul quoted the words of Moses out of
          context in Romans 10, we even can�t get that one right. It says �If you
          confess with your mouth AND believe in your heart...� Nobody gives a shit
          about the second half of the expression. You just �confess� and you are on
          your way to heaven.

          Every single one of us have �believed in our heart� that the fellowship is
          what Mitchell purported it to be. How many of us were ready to do anything
          for that crook because we �really believed in our hearts�? Where is the
          �belief in our hearts� now? The simple answer is: it was never there. We
          NEVER believed it in our hearts. NEVER. We never believed the rest of
          Romans 10 which deals with the �belief in our hearts� and with our
          �salvation�. NEVER. The belief in the fellowship and the belief in Jesus
          were on par and, most probably the fellowship was much higher. Now, we
          quit on the fellowship but somehow want to believe that we are still
          holding onto believing into Roams 10 stuff. We don�t. We are kidding
          ourselves.

          Are we then going to hell? Not necessarily. Why? Because Romans 10 is
          not a formula for salvation. Not even a formula for faith in Jesus Christ.
          It was not meant to be, in the first place. But, let�s suppose that it
          is. How do we get to the �confession� and the �belief in our hearts�?
          Which one is easier? �Confession�, of course. Any idiot can do it, loud
          and clear ANY time ANY where.

          BUT... in order to �believe in your heart� that God raised Jesus from the
          dead, firstly, you must �believe in your heart� that God EXISTS. To
          �believe in your heart� is not the same as believing what somebody told
          you. Once you start believing that God DOES exist then you have to believe
          that He raised Jesus from the dead. If you never see God healing
          somebody�s toothache or headache how can you believe that He raised Jesus
          from the dead? You are stuck!

          By faith? Sure. If you REALLY believe that it is possible to believe by
          faith then you must have AT LEAST as much faith as the size of the mustard
          seed. Jesus was quoted as saying that if you have faith of the size of a
          mustard seed, you will say to this mountain �move� and it will move. Have
          you tried it lately? I have. It didn�t budge.

          So... what is left to the wretched man that I am? But thanks be to God, He
          is faithful! He shows up from time to time so that I can SEE Him and
          �believe in my heart� that He is - without a grain of faith.

          Note: my reference to �you� is a reference to anyone, including me. No
          particular person targeted.

          shalom,
          george
        • George Potkonyak
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2006
            miguel_hayworth writes:

            [5. Benny Hinns crusade with 1500 roman catholic nuns...]

            I wouldn't mind taking a part in that "crusade"... Now I have even more
            respect for Benny...;^)

            shalom,
            george
          • nancyinsanantone
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 4, 2006
              I fear we have become off topic with this subject George. But
              really, I doubt that Eddie is nervous about anything, just dismayed
              that so many go to these big meetings and expect "something" from
              God, and go home not getting anything but hype...I don't think Eddie
              has any meetings anymore, he used to be a pastor, but no more. His
              brand of gospel in my opinion is truly what the gospel is in reality -
              GOOD NEWS,- like he says, Christ minus me plus nothing. To me, that
              is good news, because if anything is up to me I might as well go and
              jump off a cliff.
              Shalom my brother.
              Nancy

              --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, "George Potkonyak"
              <potkonyak@...> wrote:

              > This is what this Eddy "Nervous" (If I were him I would
              be "nervous" too)
              > wrote:
              >
              > ["Lord, why didn't I experienced the same visitation from you
              as "Benny"
              > did?" "I followed all of "Benny's" teaching instructions." "Lord,
              is it
              > because there is some un-confessed sin in my life that you can't
              visited
              > me?" "Is it my tithing?" "Is it my this, that and the
              other?" "Lord, I want
              > you to visit me, please show me what I need to do." Friends, it
              breaks my
              > heart to see people trying to seek one experience after another.]
              >
              > You bet your bottom dollar, if God would turn up at his meetings,
              apart
              > from getting very "nervous", from then on (if he survived) he would
              be
              > doing much more than Benny or any other "power evangelist" does –
              > multiplied over and over. That guy is not defending the gospel.
              He is
              > justifying himself and his brand of "gospel".
              >
              > shalom,
              > george

            • George Potkonyak
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
                nancyinsanantone writes:

                [I fear we have become off topic with this subject George. But really, I
                doubt that Eddie is nervous about anything, just dismayed that so many go
                to these big meetings and expect "something" from God, and go home not
                getting anything but hype...I don't think Eddie has any meetings anymore,
                he used to be a pastor, but no more. His brand of gospel in my opinion is
                truly what the gospel is in reality - GOOD NEWS...]

                Of couse, gospel IS and IS MEANT TO BE good news. My reference was to the
                banal interpretation of what it means to be "saved": just repeat the mantra
                and "belive in your heart". It turns out that it is, in most cases, only
                the repetation of mantra.

                When you REALLY think about the "believing in your heart", the phrase has
                been so profaned that it means nothing any longer. If one REALLY have that
                much faith, as I said, to believe without seeing, he/she must have AT LEAST
                the faith of the size of mustrad seed. If so, acording to what Jesus
                reportedly said, if one has faith of the size of a mustrad see, he/she
                would be able to command a mountain to throw itself into the see. Haven't
                seen such an even yet.

                So, when somebody, becasue he/she has experienced hype and disappointment,
                or heard someone else experiencing the same, comes and tells me that my
                experience or my seeking of the experience is the lack of my faith or my
                desire for hype, that guy has no clue of what he is saying. A cheap
                cop-out!

                shalom,
                george
              • nancyinsanantone
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 5, 2006
                  One more thing on Eddie, and I'll gladly drop the subject. He doesn't
                  believe in the "ask Jesus in your heart" gospel. He believes everyone
                  is saved simply on the basis of Christ sacrifice on the cross, in other
                  words Christ is not the potential savior of the world, but IS the savior
                  of the world. He has a ministry to people who have beat down and
                  abused by legalistic religions. By the way, just as you, I haven't seen
                  any mountains thrown into the sea lately either....in the words of
                  Forrest Gump, "that's all i got to say about that".

                  Love ya George....