Howdy George...

  • budomanche
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      For some reason or other I was a little anxious last night and had
      difficulty getting to sleep. I thought if I gave some concentrated
      thought to a particular subject, it may result in me getting either
      bored or tired and hey presto....Zzzzzzz! Now that you're studying law
      I thought of you and consequently wanted to see what you think.

      In relation to your thesis on tithing...if you could get a recognised
      authority to corroborate your study and put it up against PH doctrine,
      I think that there may be a case against them for obtaining money or
      benefit by fraud or deception.

      There's plenty of witnesses that can verify their claim that they have
      it right, this great move of God. Further more, they can't claim to
      have made a mistake because ignorance of the law is no excuse.

      I suppose then they can be asked what happened with the money as well
      as having to explain their own individual incomes and accumulation of
      investments, goods and chattels. Maybe it could be interpreted as
      proceeds of crime as well. Just a thought anyway. I have a copy of the
      Western Australia Criminal Code, I might take a look at it tomorrow.

      Interested in your thoughts George.

      Regards...
    • George Potkonyak
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        budomanche writes:

        [In relation to your thesis on tithing... if you could get a recognised
        authority to corroborate your study and put it up against PH doctrine, I
        think that there may be a case against them for obtaining money or benefit
        by fraud or deception.]

        The first few provisions that come to mind from the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW)
        are, for instance: Part 4, Division 1 which contains subdivisions like:

        Subdivision 10 - Obtaining money etc by deception
        Subdivision 11 - Obtaining money etc by false or misleading statements
        Subdivision 13 - False pretences
        Subdivision 14 - Fraudulent arrangements

        There are some interesting sections throughout; for instance:

        Section 173 Directors etc fraudulently appropriating etc property
        Section 174 Directors etc omitting certain entries
        Section 249E Corrupt benefits for trustees and others

        This one is quite interesting, relating to the enforced tithing or other
        "doctrines", such as "submission":

        Section 545B Intimidation or annoyance... (only relevant portions quoted)

        (1) Whosoever:

        (a) with a view to compel any other person to abstain from doing or to do
        any act which such other person has a legal right to do or abstain from
        doing, or

        (i) uses... intimidation to or toward such other person...

        is liable, on conviction before a Local Court, to imprisonment...

        �Intimidation� means the causing of a reasonable apprehension of injury to
        a person... or damage to any person or property...

        �Injury� includes any injury to a person in respect of his property,
        business, occupation, employment, or other source of income, and also
        includes any actionable wrong of any nature...

        There are numerous provisions in the Corporations Act, Tax Laws and the
        State Acts regulating Associations. Not to mention the Civil Liability
        Acts and the common law on contracts and torts, based on which we can get
        them to the cleaners... once I get my law degree.

        As for getting a "recognised authority" on tithing, I am one. "My thesis"
        has been recognised throughout the Western world, wherever the tithing is
        practised. All the corroboration that I need is in the Bible.

        For instance read the "Contemporary English Version of The Bible For
        Today", Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 (only a portion quoted):

        [22] People of Israel, every year you must set aside ten percent of your
        grain harvest.

        [23] Also set aside ten percent of your wine and olive oil, and of the
        firstborn of every cow, sheep and goat. Take these to the place where the
        LORD chooses to be worshipped, and eat them there. This will teach you to
        always respect the LORD your God...

        [28] Every third year, instead of using the ten percent of your harvest for
        a big celebration, bring it into the town and put it in a community
        storehouse.

        [29] The Levites have no land of their own, so you must give them food from
        the storehouse. You must also give food [from that storehouse] to the poor
        who live in your town...

        That�s exactly what I have been preaching for 12 years now and that�s what
        God commanded. And that�s exactly what those �churches that believe in
        tithing� are trying to avoid mentioning to the �flock�. In fact, Walsh is
        terrified of those verses. You mention them to him and he starts foaming
        on his mouth...;^)

        shalom,
        george