Re: Report from Sydney-

  • naboth675
    Message 1 of 48 , May 1, 2006

      Oh yes! The Village! I watched that just about a week ago. That was really bizarre. Those people really did believe they werre sheltering the population for their own good and they used abject fear to keep them from the outside world. The comparisons with the Potters House are blatent. Really cultic stuff.

      regards...naboth675

      --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, nancyinsanantone <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > " It is one of the flashing red lights that should tell people to run
      > for their lives as far away from the Potter's House as they can get."
      >
      > So true, so true, but remember that these folks have been brainwashed to
      > believe they will lose it all if they leave, it's a big bad-ass world
      > out there, and this reality came home to me again so clearly tonite as I
      > watched a movie called "The village". It's a flick you should check out
      > if you want to see a good example of control and the extent people will
      > go to keep people "safe" from the world outside. I remember someone
      > else mentioning this move a while back, can't remember who.
      >
      > p.s. my son is amazed to see camels walking around at the location he is
      > at in Iraq.. I guess he ain't in Kansas anymore,....
      >
      > RDM, take care over there bro, God will be with you... Rick Swicegood,
      > hello to you, and I hope all is well for you and yours! I am doing
      > great!
      >

      > --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777
      > no_reply@ wrote:
      > >

      > > [I reminded this man about that prophecy and he told me that he had a
      > > correction to the exact meaning of that prophecy: that, supposedly God
      > > meant to say that He called him to be a "teacher" not a "preacher". He
      > > also informed me that he started teaching at the bible study
      > meetings.]
      > >

      > > Ah, the modified prophecies. I remember those. It is one of the
      > > flashing red lights that should tell people to run for their lives as
      > > far away from the Potter's House as they can get.
      > >
      > > This is why I think that if the Bible is true, and the God of the
      > Bible
      > > is real, then prophets of the LORD in any time period have to be held
      > > 100% accuracy.
      > >
      > > What is revealing to look at is the motives of these "spiritual
      > > leaders." George sure has an eye for the monetary mathematics of it
      > > all. It is related to why His Holiness of Prescott is recommending
      > > bringing home the pastors of extremely small churches. This will
      > > ultimately strengthen the financial base of the medium sized churches,
      > > and even some of the larger ones, so that the tithe and offering
      > pyramid
      > > can have a refreshing. Just have those tithing and offering couples
      > > come home from the field and teach a Bible study.
      > >
      > > Money, power, and praise. Not for God or Y'shua, but for these
      > > religious tin gods. Those are the real motives of the leadership.

    • nancyinsanantone
      Message 48 of 48 , May 4, 2006

        I am reconsidering that the church had 50 or 60 when we left... I don't think it was that many, it could've been if you count all the kids..... and I know a whole other family left right behind us because they couldn't stand the way we were being talked about.  We probably had 30 or so adults.