Re: Mens Discipleship

    Message 1 of 38 , May 17, 2013

      Nancy said:

      [Wow, thanks for the insight. Recycled sermon beginnings. Well, you are correct, he has a new audience to hoop & holler for him!]

      Another little tidbit that he used, which goes way back, is when he said that he didn't know if the story was true or not, but that it gave him a good launching point for his sermon.  In the early days he would use variations of this, such as, "This Scripture really doesn't have much to do with my sermon, but it gives me a good launching point to say what I want to say."  Other preachers in the fellowship quickly picked this up.  It was a round about way of saying that "This sermon is not really Bible based, but it's just what I want to say."

      Mitch is a strange little character.  He really has created his own little religious society.  In spite of the membership constantly leaving and being replaced, he always manages to maintain a fan club.

      On another note, I have been contemplating his destruction of his own appointed leadership. The men he eliminated in 2000/2001 represented the only group of men who might have been able to reign in Wayman from his perch of absolute power in the fellowship.  After all, they had been preaching every Prescott conference, every 6 months, for 20+ years.  They were icons in the fellowship and had at least some power and influence.  By going after a key member of this group, Bill Coolidge, Mitch managed to get them all out and replace them with the present yes men that form the new and improved board of elders.  Thus Mitch remains the undisputed leader of his own religious world.

      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 17, 2013
        joaquin said:

        [Barry Parker was the first
        preacher I really listened to. I did respect him as a person, just never really
        agreed with his dogmatic fellowship based teachings. There was even a lot of
        corruption I witnessed from him, by virtue of being in the fellowship so long.]

        There are a lot of people in the fellowship who are basically good people and who have been almost hypnotized into thinking that the Wayman Way is the good and the right way.  Most of the people in the fellowship, who are good, decent people, go through some strange stages of transformation.  Constant exposure to the fellowship deadens the parts of the mind that represent higher reasoning.  More and more, you are conditioned to think along the lines of fellowship teachings, and to dismiss everything that contradicts or challenges those teachings.

        However, as you get older, and natural maturity sets in, it gets more difficult to go along with the nonsense.  For example, when the movie rules were introduced, the hypocrisy and insanity of these "higher standards" came bearing down on my mind.  I had pastors, and even leaders, telling me of the sanctioned loopholes, such as using the church equipment in their homes to watch movies, or renting motel rooms to watch movies, and even having TVs with VCRs hidden in their houses.  When I objected to this nonsense, I was given "explanations" of how this was "exampleship" at work.  It got so stupid that I just rejected it all.  That put me on a collision course with the leadership and led to my getting out of the fellowship.

        What happens is that the illusion that these men are spiritual supermen is broken.  There's no special equipping from God that allows them to see the wisdom of fellowship teachings beyond what your poor carnal mind can see.  The media rules are stupid, the leadership explanations as to why these rules are essential and inspired are also stupid, and these men who propagate these teachings are being stupid. You need a filter on your computer to stop you from watching pornography, oh man of God?  Really?  What happened to the anointing of the Holy Spirit?  Once you start seeing how retarded these "doctrines" really are, you realize that this guy who is telling you that he is God's man for your life is full of it.  Computer child controls for Wayman's Mighty Men.  Sounds about right.

        One fellowship leader, who left in 1990, told me in 1994 that he came to realize that the fellowship reinforced the most negative qualities of his personality.  That's why a lot of basically good, decent people can be transformed into nasty fellowship drones.  Intelligent people can be reduced to low level, non thinkers, who simply spout fellowship religious nonsense.  Friendly, sociable  people are turned into isolated weirdos who become socially retarded.  And for as long as possible, the fellowship pastors and leaders keep these people under the illusion that they are much better people because they have embraced all these primitive religious qualities.  That's why when you are in the fellowship it is almost impossible to really socialize and relate to anyone who is not part of that group.  Only when you get out do you realize what you had become.

        I had to sadly laugh at myself.  How could I have been so stupid?  It's a process.  It's called "discipleship."  It has nothing to do with "knowing Jesus" or "the will of God."  It was just a process by which you were turned into a human resource for Wayman's kingdom for as long as they could convince you that you were part of the greatest move of God in the Earth today.  It is unfortunate that a lot of good people, a lot of intelligent people, and a lot of compassionate, well intentioned people have been snared by something like Wayman's World.  It would be nice to see a mass awakening.