Re: Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Texan

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2013

      Nancy quoted:

      [You're walking down a deserted street with your wife

      and two small children. Suddenly, a Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at you...]

      It is sad that in many States you can be charged with a crime for defending yourself, your family, and your home.  Someone told me that in Massachusetts if you stumble on a burglar, you have to "escape," that is, if you have an escape route, you have to run away, even if the burglar has a weapon.  If you shoot him, stab him, or otherwise harm him, you will be charged with a crime.  You could go to prison and the burglar will certainly sue you, or his family will if you killed him. It's retarded.

      When I was living in Texas for a bit, they had a meeting at my apartment complex with the police on what to do with burglars or intruders.  The recommendation was to shoot to kill.  One woman asked what would happen if you shot them as they were coming through the door and the fell outside.  The police told the woman to just drag him back inside and then call the police.  It is the same in Arizona.  In Colorado you demand they leave, and if they don't you open fire.  Of course, who is going to know if you demanded them to leave first?

      My late father was in Korea during the war there.  He got to know some Australian soldiers on the Air Force base.  The procedure for intruders who were fleeing was to shout, "Halt!" and fire in the air.  If the didn't stop you were to shout, "Halt!" one more time, and if they continued running you shot them, or tried to shoot them.  The Australian soldiers told my Dad their special technique.  The told him that they shout, "Halt!" and then shoot the intruder.  Then they would shout, "Halt!" again, and fire in the air.  Needless to say they bagged more intruders that way.

      My point of view is if you are arrogant enough to point a weapon at someone to rob them, rape them, or whatever, or if you invade someone's home, then you deserve to be shot, stabbed, or Kung Fooed.  And that's another sore point with me.  I don't go for this idea that if you are a trained fighter that you have to use restraint.  You should be allowed to use all your fighting skill to end these creeps.  And you should be able to use any personal weapons.  A short Katana is effective.  Funny how you can carry a 44 but they ban stuff like that.

      Self defense is an absolute human right. It is sad that we have forgotten that in so many places in this country.